Page 369 of 424 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 4237

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

  1. #3681
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    You keep lumping me in with them and I can only imagine it's either because no one reads the last two posts of a thread or being a megathread shit just gets buried right quick.

    Speaking of:
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Side effect of having aimless mega threads. Things will get repeated ad nauseam because discussions and topics will eventually be buried and forgotten. Without having a lightning rod to catch any stray thoughts on the matter it will continue to be resurrected.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  2. #3682
    Senior Agitoho's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    246
    Well, to be honest, as far as my original post went, I wasn't necessarily thinking of just this site. The same sort of thing happened on Skullheart when the mods wanted to remove the OT thread. They used the same "Well, people complained about the direction it was going in." speech, and yet, none of these people showed up in the thread even though we were all asking "Where are these people? Why don't they speak up?" I was more irritated at the fact that I was seeing it all over again.

    Not to bash on SH. It's great for all my Skullgirls needs. The community is really nice and I can only think of one or two people that actually caused drama. (Oh, that SkullDate-Lockjaw-Squiggle Butt thing was great).

    I'm also irritated at the fact that no matter how much I clean my scanner, it still gets some form of debris on it and it shows up on scanned images. For the life of me, I can't figure out where this stuff is coming from. I think my scanner just hates me. Which is understandable since I hate it for the fact that it'll never be as good as the Epson I (stupidly) left at home when I moved out. No good deed, right?
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

    I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

    "You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

  3. #3683
    Senior Umbra_Exe's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I'm also irritated at the fact that no matter how much I clean my scanner, it still gets some form of debris on it and it shows up on scanned images. For the life of me, I can't figure out where this stuff is coming from. I think my scanner just hates me. Which is understandable since I hate it for the fact that it'll never be as good as the Epson I (stupidly) left at home when I moved out. No good deed, right?
    Perhaps the debris is on the other side of the glass? Don't know how it would get there, but it might be a possibility.

    It bugs me that the new scanner/printer we got is actually worse at scanning than our old machine. Because of this, I insisted we keep our old machine for scanning things. Takes up a lot of space. :/ I kind of want to buy a dedicated scanner, but I'm not sure what to look for.


    What also grinds my gears is that I've been really bored for the last few days, but I can't seem to get myself to draw, play games or really do anything to help with said boredom. LAZY. D:<

    I had an idea for a drawing earlier, but now I've forgotten it... :/

  4. #3684
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I'm so fucking tired of my shitty ears...
    Always getting infected and itching like Hell during allergy season. Sometimes my medicine doesn't work fast enough. Oh well. :c
    Do you have tinnitus?

    Shit's the worst.

  5. #3685
    Rattlesnake Flavored RedSavage's Avatar
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach
    It will make me think you're a faggot because you feel the need to be out there to be equal when I just want to be in my personal zone all nice and quiet.
    First off, I'm not here to justify the weird shit that goes on in parades. I don't like it and I think there's a better way to do all that nonsense.

    I just wanted to touch on this myth of "straight people keep their sexuality private." Straight sexuality is everywhere. TV. Billboard Ads. Magazines. Music. Movies. The way people dreasmand act. Our world is saturated with straight sexuality. It's is not private in the slightest.

    So when gays/whatever ask to be "out there" and equal, it's because these are really the people who have been keeping it private due to a systematic shaming of homosexuals by religion and society. Being gay was a shameful thing to be, a shameful thing to bring up, a shameful thing to defend. It was this way for hundreds of years.

    What's the opposite of shame?
    Pride.

    I'm not asking you to flip around 180 cause I like I said. Shit is weird. I don't care for it. I just wanted to rationally discuss the concept of straight sexuality being commonplace, and the dichotomy of expecting homogays/trans/whatever to keep their sexualities private like straight people do, when the latter couldn't be further from the truth.

  6. #3686
    Senior Eduard's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Transylvania
    Gender
    Gentleman
    Posts
    472
    I would not say saturated, in fact, our society promotes heterosexuality, and for a good reason, as it has been a symbol of stability, culture, not to mention the symbol of a healthy, stable family. These are values the society needs and wants, and therefore, it promotes heterosexuality because it is the way to achieve that.
    Our collective subconscious has his word too; Something about the perpetuation of the specie and the instinct to achieve that. That thing is ingrained in society and culture as well, and it promotes that through heterosexuality.

    But it is not "saturated", I find that to be an over-statement, as if it is filled with it, it is not filled with it, it IS it, it needs it.

    This is precisely why homosexuality was shunned for so long, as it was believed that it will lead towards decadence and push society from the pillars it is supposed to rest upon. Fortunately now, we live in a civilized age where we can see it is not exactly like that... pity a significant number of lgbt members make a disservice, however. But then again, everyone has his black sheep.

    Anyway... I personally find an error in your argument, the fact that you confuse the heterosexual model with the heterosexual relationship between two individuals.
    What you see promoted is the heterosexual model; What people can choose to keep private is their heterosexual relationship, and they CAN keep it private. You do not have to know that a man and a woman are together if they do not want you to know. Furthermore, a heterosexual man does not have to brag about his heterosexual stuff either.

    Sexuality is like religion, which is like a penis. Good on you, mate, for having one, but never make another person choke on it. We're going to have a problem if you do.

    Also, I would argue that Pride is not the opposite of shame. The opposite of shame is integrity. Pride can ruin integrity just as much as shame does. Pride can also be a facade to hide the true shame within.

  7. #3687
    That first paragraph is just.. Nope, I'm out.

  8. #3688
    Senior Eduard's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Transylvania
    Gender
    Gentleman
    Posts
    472
    I was commenting from a neutral point of view; History, Arts, Culture and the various social movements and family values that have been shaped throughout the various ages of mankind attest that.

    But what am I left to say... au revoir?

  9. #3689
    Honestly, strip away the eloquence and what you're arguing comes across to me as "It's only natural that heterosexuality is promoted, gay people should just deal with it and keep their gayness out of my face".

    I could argue about history and how this heterosexual nuclear family was far from the norm for all societies, but it's 1h30 AM and I'm going to bed. Too tired to deal with this kind of argument, tbh.

    And by the way, I'm seeing a lot of "conditional" support in this thread along the lines of "I'll support them but only if they behave like I want them to" which is rather ... well, "shitty" seems to be an adequate word.

  10. #3690
    Senior Kurk2288's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Posts
    190
    Before people start jumping to conclusions,

    Eduard is saying- heterosexuality is commonplace or everywhere because it's normal.
    It's how we as a species evolved to propagate and continue to exist (SEXUAL REPRODUCTION). Although we've reached a point where we no longer cling to self-delusions like religion and dogma because it "feels good" and to manage our fear of death. We've also reached a point were we don't need to keep shitting out babies for myriad of reasons... Sexuality in general was repressive in the yee olden days, even for "straight" people (Missionary style- only any1?). However, those who differed from the norm (Homosexuals) and those not being "procreative" (prostitution for example) were shammed, persecuted, etc. It wasn't until we started shedding our egos, removing shackles and dropping the dogma- that we as a species started to become "sexually liberated". (At least in the western world)

    The problem we still face today is in dealing with people who still cling to self delusions out of hypocrisy, social identity or because it makes them "feel good" and to manage their fear of death. The gay bashing/shaming thing mostly revolves around the god complex, and maintaining that their "holy books" aren't wrong. To them, how could it be- when it's the "word of god"...

    Social decadence, Marriage, etc- is whole another can of worms I'm not opening.
    (at least for now)

    Edit: Maybe I'll get into problems with "Traditions", Trad/Cons, the nuclear family etc
    if the discussion goes there.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 07-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •