Page 362 of 424 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    Hm, I can see that being the case, I suppose. I personally don't like to argue myself, but something about dragging in all these other people we don't ever see just... urg..

Youtube, why must you plague me with the same commercial as I try to get through a playlist? Please stop doing this.
    I just believe these people don't exist and the person is just trying to assert alpha status.

On youtube i used to hate it until i discovered Hulu. Now Youtube ads are bearable because they're not a minute long and happen just once...or not at all with adblock.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    To be fair, I doubt most of them asked Pinardilla or TeenageAngst, to speak on their behalf or to disclose the private messages. I'm sure some of them are indeed active on the forums, and were only showing support or concern.

What grinds my gears:
    Greasy Pizza, Cat pee, and being expected to always fix shit...

Weasyl
    Vae
    I cannot stand it when people say "Well, other people have agreed with me." or "other people have complained about this" but none of these "other people" ever show up in the conversation for discussion. "Oh, they don't want to get hurt by the "mob"." What? No one is threatening anyone's life in this discussion. No one is going to hunt you down for disagreeing with them. Sure, emotions get high and people get called names, but come the fuck on. We've all been called terrible names. It hurts, but you get over it.
    I think the lack of credibility is the biggest thing that bothers me about this. Unless you have screenshots, it's pretty easy to go "~Several people~ back me on this."
    Unless you have evidence of this, it just feels like "BACK ME UP, IMAGINARY FRIEND SQUAD!"

Hey guys, did you know that 98% of the userbase have messaged me in private, and declared me the prettiest member of Wzl?
    It's true, you know.
    And the other 2% have told me they kick puppies and don't believe in homosexuality. So they don't count.

Sometimes it's a little irritating to see a description for a piece that isn't very descriptive. Like, sometimes it just says "A commission I did for so and so" and that's it. I mean, maybe there isn't really much else to say than that, but I'd like to see more people try. =/

Granted, sometimes I don't put much of a description myself, but that's usually for silly doodle things that don't have much thought to begin with.
    I just usually don't have much to say, outside of "Look at this lizard. That's a nice lizard. I did this in Sai, lol."

I mean, sometimes I do,
    but the piece should speak for itself in most instances.

OT Rant that I'm copying from my Tumblr:

I hate the use of “I thought better of you than this” as a point in arguments / debates.

This is a cheap, shitty guilt-tripping tactic.
    That’s all it is.

Instead of doing this, simply make your point, and make it well.
    If the other person has a ridiculous point of view on things, verbally destroy it.

But if you need to barter your respect around to back your argument, or threaten friendships over it, it wasn’t a very strong argument, to begin with. And it just comes off as gross, manipulative blackmail shit.
    Stop, think a little bit more, and try harder.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    I thought better of you than ranting about Tumblr Vae.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I thought better of you than ranting about Tumblr Vae.
    I didn't rant about Tumblr. Lol.

I copied a rant I posted recently on Tumblr.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I find it very troubling that most people don't have a savings of at least $100 put away for emergencies.

I've always found putting 5% of your paycheck into your savings will get you out of a pinch. Even working a minimum wage job, you'll accumulate a decent stockpile by the end of a year.

Weasyl
    Onnes

The thing that is most irritating about this is the idea these people just let this one person speak for them. They don't show up to offer their points (which could actually help us understand why you feel the way you do) and they sure as all don't show up to help this guy taking all the blows for them while the other side has ample people tossing out their own ideas about a topic.

I can't really blame anyone for not wanting to argue on the internet. This is especially true when doing so is equivalent to poking a wasp nest with a flaming stick. In the best case scenario you may destroy the nest, but realistically you've just provoked a bunch of angry incendiary wasps when leaving it alone until it dies out would typically be more pragmatic.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I find it very troubling that most people don't have a savings of at least $100 put away for emergencies.

I've always found putting 5% of your paycheck into your savings will get you out of a pinch. Even working a minimum wage job, you'll accumulate a decent stockpile by the end of a year.
    Most people blow their money on useless shit and get into debt up to their eyeballs so they can't do that. ... or better yet they won't.

Now, what grinds my gears, is the fact someone new can go into the same job I work and get a shitload of asspats and undeserved recognition even after being suspended twice and only have worked there, maybe, a few months, while I've worked the same job for two and a half years and haven't gotten so much as a thank you for all the fucking work I put in.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post

Putting 5% of your paycheck into savings? P'shaw!

When you're living with your parents like I am, it's quite easy to just leave $50 in your checking, then shove the other $100+ straight into savings; I never found the money that I get at this stage in my life to have that kind of power anyway.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    doornob
    What grinds my gears is when you tell someone you can't do something and they feel the need to throw out a name of some relative or friend as if that can magically make my limitation go away.