Page 387 of 424 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3861
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclivius View Post
    That's horrible and I sincerely hope those rabbit thieves are punished! > : (
    It is horrible D: Parents need to teach their kids honesty and responsibility. My mom would have FLIPPED if I did that to someone else and would immediately have tried to resolve the situation.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This thread.
    It would be nice if we had more actual threads on this forum. Although I should really be the last one to complain, given how seldom I start anything.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Ugh about the thing with the shovel. :c Reminds me of a story I heard where a girl was playing with her rabbit in her yard and some other girl ran up and took it. The girl who owned the rabbit went to the "thief's" house to get her rabbit back and the mom said the girl owned the rabbit all along and wouldn't give it back. Made me sad. D:
    Pretty sure that counts as theft, and if the other girl's parents would have reported it, they may have been able to do something about it. The thief's parents should know better than that, so I wouldn't feel bad for them in that situation.

OT: I had a really big falling out with a friend. Someone I considered close.
    This isn't really something that "grinds my gears" so much as upsets me, but we don't exactly have a "What is currently kicking you in the nuts with its spiky steeltoed boots?" thread, so I'm making due.

We can't be friends anymore. They don't understand me, and I don't understand them, and we just ended up hurting each other, the more we tried to keep things together.
    I miss them, though. I had a lot of fun talking to them, and I found comfort in that when shit around me was falling to pieces, back before problems persistently kept cropping up in how they treated me.

I feel like they held a lot of things against me unfairly, and they straight up admitted to lying to me a lot about stuff. So I don't feel like our problems were ever given a real chance to actually improve.

We split on good terms, and I am a patient person. For all I know, they could come back to me in a more stable place in their life. They might not. Some people do.

I'm trying to be reasonable about this. I'm trying to stay positive.
    It just hurts.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    A lot of threads seem to get skimmed over unless it's a serious pressing issue or something involving the site. :c
    Of course, there's already an easier outlet vis a vis this thread. Path of least resistance and all that jazz.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Of course, there's already an easier outlet vis a vis this thread. Path of least resistance and all that jazz.
    There's probably a decent thesis in there somewhere regarding the dynamics of forum participation.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    There's probably a decent thesis in there somewhere regarding the dynamics of forum participation.
    In today's academic climate?

"Something something sexism something racism something something something cis something oppression some patriarchy hive of scum and fedoras"
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Zeitzbach: ...I kind of want to draw something with rainbow cotton candy wings now, just to be stupid. XD
    And that is good advice, thank you. I'm sort of at the point where I just want to be done with this drawing, but I will keep it in mind for the next characters I design.

Moogle:Yeah, I suppose a lot of my art might not interest them, especially if it's art of a random character they don't know, haha. I think it bugs me when I just get "cool" as a comment though, because it reminds me when people just respond to posts with "k". XD

DrunkCat: I suppose you're right. That's sort of what I was trying to say in my post (the part about showing them too much of my art), but I couldn't word it right at all. >>;
    I guess I kind of get the same situation on my end sometimes... I say "thank you" so many times that it's hard for me to think of ways to change it up. XD

XoPachi:
    One word comments on websites bug me, too, although thankfully I haven't received any of those lately.
    I can see why you'd disable comments on some things, I imagine that must get old fast.

(I would have quoted you all, but this post was getting way too long.)

Another thing I hate is when people start stupid, pointless comment chains, that have nothing to do with the picture... Or, when people roleplay in comments. I guess if the artist is participating, they can do what they want on their own pages. But random users goofing around on another artist's page seems pretty rude to me.

Vae: I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks to lose a good friend. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    After waiting several months, my school has determined no financial aid for me. -sigh- wonderful
    That also really sucks... It seems financial aid can be a real pain to get sometimes.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Gamers these days are better developers and designers than actual developers and designers.

"HeY GUYS, HERE'S A 3 PARAGRAPH EXPLANATION ON HOW TO FIX YOUR ISSUE"

Shut the fuck up.

Suggestions that completely destroy the old mechanic or is full of bs steps here and there that forces a complete redo on the code designs only work in the perfect world and seeing people bitching it's not implemented is kinda sad. Sure you don't have to be a chef to critique food but at least have some basic knowledge before you criticize something as fucking annoying as coding.

Weasyl
    Interhalf
    This is a pretty common one, but people who walk slowly in front of me. And by extension people who stop suddenly without considering that people might be behind them. And people who cut in front of you and expect you to move/stop for them. I've just stopped avoiding bumping into people because everyone in my city is so ruuuude :<