Page 420 of 424 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

The kind of person who will make a deal with you to trade you for something, then not keep up their end of the bargain after you let them hang onto your thing well in advance in good faith. One day I had to take a look at the 3DS I'd given a friend to notice it was now in shit condition compared to when I gave it to him, newly refurbished after I had to call in the warranty on it. I called him on that and noted he still had yet to keep his end of the bargain and he shot back with the entitled prick sense you need even to keep something of someone's that long without even thinking to, say, just get the shit you promised him, "well it's not for me, it's for my kid and he don't care what condition it's in!"

Sure enough he's evicted from his apartment, living with his mom now, still has that 3DS, and I literally had to threaten to call the cops on him to get him to give it up. Acting like I'd essentially donated it to him. I pointed out what I had donated enough of already was milk, bread, other groceries, gas to give him lifts to and from places more times than I can count, bus tickets so he could get to work and not get fired while on a final notice for attendance (we used to work together), and that's on top of all the extra work people like me have to do at our jobs to make up for slack asses like him. So he tried to moralize it back on me like I had a choice not to do any of that. Right, the choice was to not be a friend. The choice was to wipe a guy's ass who couldn't wipe his own because I felt sorry for him.

A smart guy would have taken the many hints I dropped I was getting sick of his bullshit. He took me out to the middle of nowhere once in the dead of winter, and if you know what winter is like in most if not all parts of Canada, you know you don't try to do a roofing job in the middle of winter in nothing but a thin, fall jacket and sneakers. That's all I had on because we weren't supposed to be going to do a roof, we were supposed to be getting some weed which, you guessed it, I paid for, all of it. He was dumbfounded when I refused to help. He said "I figured where you're a friend and you're generous and all, y'know" y'know what?! This guy seriously expected free labor from me on a job he's getting paid for. With zero notice.

And he'd probably been doing this all along, but one day when we were smoking that weed, and this would be any time I bought off him, I noticed he really liked to take his time burning a joint to light it, even it out if it starts to canoe, etc. I figured, okay, let the slow, incompetent baby take his time, don't want to hurt his brains or his feelings. Then one day, around the time I'd concluded all my suspicions were right, I roll this perfect joint, best rice papers you can buy, rolled about a hundred of these before and they never run. I show it to him, go look, these never run, don't burn my fucking joints when I paid for them. I run out to the car to get something I want to show him and when I come back he's there hunched over in the corner blazing the thing for dear life, and the reaction would have been priceless if he wasn't so fucking stupid, not to even hear me coming, hear me open the door, close it, I mean Jesus Christ! The worst part is he lied about it saying he "had to", I guess the way I "had to" be a friend. Oh wait, what was that about choice?

Unbelievably, I gave him one more chance after that, and he burned me again. Only this time he didn't even wait for me to leave, just for me to turn my head to the side, like I wouldn't see him out the corner of my eye or notice that this cigarette sized joint lost half its length in the span of a few seconds. So when he couldn't keep up his end of the bargain, finally, he said it was because no one was buying off him anymore, because everyone is broke.

I wonder who was lying there, him, or every other friend and contact he burned. Around here, people like to be polite. They don't like to tell you the reason they don't do business with you anymore is because you're a sketchbag. By the way, he got called back to fix that roof again. Looks like another business he won't be able to hack it in. Really hope for his sake he doesn't lose that job but last I heard, they were firing people just because they could, because Rogers wants to keep a few extra bucks. I guess he's not the only one burning his cash crops on customers...

When people take your bike. I was a kid when my favorite bike was stolen from my yard. It's pretty upsetting.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Those kids that cut the lunch line. In my school, we're pretty crowded to the point where just walking through the middle of the school between class changes is like a game of Frogger. Anyway, there are HUGE groups of kids that decide to cut in front of the line and thankfully, I managed to stop some of them from getting in front of me today. I told four girls in front of me to move and they didn't. Next time they do it I'll be really tempted to go find a security guard or just pull them out of line myself. These little fuckers think they're entitled to skip the line when they should be waiting like everyone else. Because of them, it takes about ten to fifteen odd minutes to get lunch when we only have half an hour to eat. All the kids that are doing it are the hoodlum kids too, which shouldn't come as a surprise.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    turns out the reason that ive been failing chemistry is becuase ive forgotten to sign my name on my lab papers, well then i better get on taht if they'll even let me, so basicly this is the basic lesson form kindgarden we all should have learned that we should ALWAYS sign our papers.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The furry fandom. There are some seriously messed up people in it.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    well ive done the math and there Is no way I can possibly pass all my classes.... so yeah I may loose my laptop permenantly.... *sigh* welp lets just hope I can hide it somewhere where they cant take it away...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Namba
    THPS5's shitty launch was a huge disappointment. Fuck. I was hoping for something at least decent. OH FUCKING WELL I GUESS

Last edited by Rokusho; 11-28-2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Icon by Sixel

Weasyl
    Dvir

I know the feeling. I've never not struggled with a refsheet. But one thing helped me greatly with the last one. Thumbnailing. Yep, thumbnail sketch the whole thing first. Make sure that's right or pretty close to it, just the proportions and angles and everything, then blow that up and work off of that.

People who say we should have nuked Iraq, nuked North Korea, that we should nuke Syria now. Do these people have any fucking idea what nuking any one of those places would mean for our allies who all share borders with those places? Do they want their own radioactive clouds drifting back onto them eventually as the shit spreads around the globe?