Page 388 of 424 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    i think my PC might be close to dead IDK or not but..... *sigh* i wish i at least had the $ to replace it...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Interhalf
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    i think my PC might be close to dead IDK or not but..... *sigh* i wish i at least had the $ to replace it...
    Oh I'm sorry, that sucks! My laptop sometimes plays up randomly and acts like it's going to die, but then suddenly it'll be fine... I hope your computer is just doing the same and that it sorts itself out soon!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3873
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I'm trying to draw a pointillism for my boyfriend's sister for a "congrats on getting engaged!" present, but in the picture I'm using as a ref her fiancee is wearing a plaid shirt. Trying to translate that into solid black and white with a pen is killing me. Dx

And my internet is being wonky and is making Pandora skip songs without me telling it to. >:[

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I'm trying to draw a pointillism for my boyfriend's sister for a "congrats on getting engaged!" present, but in the picture I'm using as a ref her fiancee is wearing a plaid shirt. Trying to translate that into solid black and white with a pen is killing me. Dx
    Perhaps you can space the dots further apart for lighter tones? I never was very good with pointillism though, so that's just some inexperienced advice. ^^;

Right now I'm a little annoyed that my XBox 360 still has problems with ejecting discs. I could have sworn we took it to get that fixed a while back... It's also significantly louder than my other consoles, which concerns me a bit.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3875
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Perhaps you can space the dots further apart for lighter tones? I never was very good with pointillism though, so that's just some inexperienced advice. ^^;
    Yeah, I do do that, it's just very difficult doing all these straight edges that curve and change tone in small spaces with a pen that's on the fritz. I'm thinking of scrapping this and starting over tomorrow, maybe with a different picture.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Yeah, I do do that, it's just very difficult doing all these straight edges that curve and change tone in small spaces with a pen that's on the fritz. I'm thinking of scrapping this and starting over tomorrow, maybe with a different picture.
    Aw, that's a shame. :c Maybe you can use pencil on the next one? Might be easier to just make lighter and darker dots with it. But, I just like using pencil, since I mess up a lot. :b Perhaps you could use a spray to seal it when you're done (although I haven't used a spray myself).

Talking behind people's backs.

Sure, I get it, we all do that. However the length and situation is different. I'm a firm believer that before you go off insulting people to others, you should first address the issue of why you are so upset to the person you have the problem with, rather than dodging around and just complaining.

Not that hard, really.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3878
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Aw, that's a shame. :c Maybe you can use pencil on the next one? Might be easier to just make lighter and darker dots with it. But, I just like using pencil, since I mess up a lot. :b Perhaps you could use a spray to seal it when you're done (although I haven't used a spray myself).
    Hmm, that's a good thought. I did do one on vellum once with pencil, and it turned out ok. Maybe I'll do that again. Thanks for the advice!

Weasyl
    N/A
    anxiety

oh gosh

i like talking to friends and all, but boy do I get really anxious when camming with another friend

I'm happy about it, but boy does it take a while for the jitters to wear off...

Weasyl
    Vae
    The husband and his prioritizing of his finances.
    And his mother's prioritizing of his finances.

He went in to get new glasses, today, and they pretty unanimously agreed that he needed lineless bifocals to be able to see all of the shit that he focuses on, on a day-to-day basis.
    They were $100 more than the single focus lenses he usually gets,
    but he spends that much on camera parts every month or two.

He can afford it.
    I repeatedly insisted that we go get some of his money out of his savings, because he fucking needs these things and he has enough,
    but no one listens to me.

It's perfectly fine for him to spend this much on camera parts or game consoles or wtf-ever,
    but when it comes to medical expenses for things he legitimately needs,
    then suddenly it's "too expensive."

It's dumb.
    Resident Koopa Trash