Page 365 of 424 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I think if we could have users not be dicks to ppl just because they are trans or somehow out of the gender norm...

That'd be great.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    This...
    I don't see the purpose in wanting to pressure trans people to say "I'm trans". What if there are transgender users who identify as male or female? Why should they have to say "I'm trans" in order to make someone feel better about the forums????

Seconding this part especially: " If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information"
    This is one of those cases where I can't figure out whether some people somehow, beyond imagination, failed to correctly understand what pinardilla wrote, or if they are simply twisting it to have fun.

Given FAF's history on the topic, combined with the fact that most of the regular posters here were first regular posters on FAF, it would be silly to dismiss out of hand the possible existence of the same problems that plagued FAF. That forum was widely considered to be hostile towards transgender individuals, and arguments over that reputation were a recurring topic. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by FishNChips View Post
    There are lots and lots of people I've known online who are trans, and I found that out AFTER they initially told me they were either male/female. The ones who told me they were male later proved to be FtM, The ones who told me they were female later proved to be MtF.
    This is what I've seen on here and on FA/FAF. I KNOW someone is trans and yet they fully identify as male or female on their profile. I have a trans male friend who puts "Male" as his gender, I have a trans female friend who puts "Female" as her gender, and I have a gender fluid friend who, for some reason, identifies solely as male. The only reason why I know he's gender fluid is because he told me yesterday, after asking me "what do you think my sex is?", and because I knew his name was Cole, I said "male". He said yes, and then said he was genderfluid.
    His profiles say male, everything on his page says male.

Just because someone doesn't go around openly saying they're trans doesn't mean they don't exist. That's called trans erasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    This is one of those cases where I can't figure out whether some people somehow, beyond imagination, failed to correctly understand what pinardilla wrote, or if they are simply twisting it to have fun.

Given FAF's history on the topic, combined with the fact that most of the regular posters here were first regular posters on FAF, it would be silly to dismiss out of hand the possible existence of the same problems that plagued FAF. That forum was widely considered to be hostile towards transgender individuals, and arguments over that reputation were a recurring topic. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    I can only think of one or two users who were super hostile and they both got chewed out constantly until they were banned. (OR at least one of them was banned)

JS
    Last edited by Gamedog; 07-02-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by FishNChips View Post
    This knowledge didn't really change much for me, and I believe that those guys n gals would rather have not revealed that at all.
    This. This a lot. There's tons of trans support communities and forums out there where one outs themselves for support and I can understand that. But I see this community as more of an opportunity to finally be who you are to the fullest extent possible. You are who you feel you are and everyone here should respect that and see nothing else in you.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Christ...

We back on this again?
    I don't understand why either.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    *edit* Well it seems everyone is sick of the subject already, but I already typed this up so y'all just gonna have to deal.

Ayat, Hinalle K, and even SarcasticCoffeecup gave me quite a bit of hell about identifying as a woman there for a bit on
    FAF. That was an awkward stage in general I think. For a moment I regretted ever admitting to being the one previously known as CoyoteCaliente. But I knew too much about FAF lore in general to get away with it, and I was PM'd by an admin basically saying I needed to go back to my old account since alts were frowned upon.

SC at the time just felt that I was pushing the 'woman' card too hard--which I probably was. But I was also under a bit more scutiny than was probably fair tbh. Again I think that stemmed from him feeling a bit like I'd suddenly replaced the person who used to be his friend. (This is all my own speculation, I cant say Ive ever brought up with SC since then at all)

Ayattar actually is a pretty good friend now who accepts me and respects my identity, even if he doesn't fully understand it (also I'm 99% sure he wants to bang me). Hinalle K. went full retard and basically stalked me throughout the forum, giving me shit, and STILL does so today from time to time for the hell of it, it seems.

Point being, people react in different ways. When I first joined I presented as male, was a bit of a jack ass, but an eloquent jackass nonetheless. I stopped posting and eventually came out on here as myself, but joined FAF on a clean slate. My writing was too recognizable though and eventually it was picked up on. People reacted in different ways. It brought out the worst, it brought out the best, and others surprised me with a degree of acceptance, and were very much patient as I tried to rediscover myself and dealt with being a tremendously hormonal bitch and a sappy drunk the other half of the time.

For me I'm a woman, but a transwoman nonetheless. I've always been pragmatic to a fault. I speak for myself and only myself when it had simultaneously been the biggest deal and hugest non-point of my life. I rolled my eyes as the gender-phrasing shit-fest that was the submissions rating debacle, and I made my identity clear and stood by it when I felt the need.

I'm rambling, but this whole conversation is bringing back a lot of the strangeness of the past year. Yet if I had to do it all again, I probably wouldn't have changed much, except to not have been so reactive and quick to provide my experiences in transition as applicable advice, since it always invited someone to derail the topic with their own agenda for X, Y, Z point.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I don't understand why either.
    Side effect of having aimless mega threads. Things will get repeated ad nauseam because discussions and topics will eventually be buried and forgotten. Without having a lightning rod to catch any stray thoughts on the matter it will continue to be resurrected.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    What grinds my gears is that I'm too much of a wuss to ask cute guys out and i have shitty self esteem.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A

Facts > Feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    The thread was reported. They also talked to me about it because I was in their contacts. At the time there weren't any staffers who handle forum stuff immediately available so I spoke up.
    Did they specifically ask you to mention or disclose the private messages to the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    edit: just remembered one or two of the newcomers list themselves as agender, if they stick around for the long run. But still.
    Nice guilt tripping. Also Agender falls under the Asexuallity umbrella. I'm a- so called "ace of spades",
    and I don't think Agender people are apart of trans, for plenty of reasons.

(Feel free to react like a snake or turd flinging monkey)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    (EDITED FOR SHORTENING)
    While I agree with the fact that they don't need spectators or to be forcibly outed, it's equally shitty when people might want to come out, but fear to do so on this particular forum (for instance).

And yes, the forum may actually be supportive and warm and welcoming, but .. for an outsider looking in and seeing discussions like one that passed here not too long ago, I can see how that could be off-putting.
    Please, show us more than one instance on these forums. Where actual trans-people and trans-users were regarded negatively- OR harassed for being trans by the community at large. Making mockery of Tumblrettes who call themselves "trans-kin, racial or "potato-sexual" does NOT count btw. So have fun digging- or Quote-Mining TeenageAngst.

We all know the discussion really isn't about Transpeople.
    It's about Tumblr, Tumblrettes and turning this place into a Tumblr-cult hugbox.

Last edited by Tiger; 07-03-2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: formatting & EMPHASIS, (Nvm- no head start) (Also edited by Administration)