Page 253 of 424 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Vae
    My dad has to go in for a triple bypass at the beginning of July.
    And then for back surgery some time after that.
    I was hoping my family would be able to come visit me this summer, in Colorado, but now I question if it's ever going to be possible. Also, the grand majority of males in my dad's family have died due to heart problems around his age. And I'm stuck out here, 1500 miles away.

If he dies before I get a chance to see him, again, it's going to really tear me the fuck up, inside.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    My dad has to go in for a triple bypass at the beginning of July.
    And then for back surgery some time after that.
    I was hoping my family would be able to come visit me this summer, in Colorado, but now I question if it's ever going to be possible. Also, the grand majority of males in my dad's family have died due to heart problems around his age. And I'm stuck out here, 1500 miles away.

If he dies before I get a chance to see him, again, it's going to really tear me the fuck up, inside.
    Ah fuck...
    My grandpa had to have one of these. It wasnt pretty but he pulled though, I'm sure your pops will pull through as well. My gramps had a crap ton of heart issues in his later age (60s-80s) and his dads, my great grandpa, had the same issues and they pulled through.
    Best of luck for your father, and yourself. With todays medical practices he should come out just fine.

Its really amazing how medicine has come along in just the past ten years. If it wasn't for modern practice, and by modern I mean 3 years ago, I wouldn't be here typing this right now.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    Ah fuck...
    My grandpa had to have one of these. It wasnt pretty but he pulled though, I'm sure your pops will pull through as well. My gramps had a crap ton of heart issues in his later age (60s-80s) and his dads, my great grandpa, had the same issues and they pulled through.
    Best of luck for your father, and yourself. With todays medical practices he should come out just fine.

Its really amazing how medicine has come along in just the past ten years. If it wasn't for modern practice, and by modern I mean 3 years ago, I wouldn't be here typing this right now.
    I'm not particularly worried so much about the surgery, itself, as I am about his ever-increasing heart problems. I'm hoping that the bypass will give him more years, but I just dread whatever new problem decides to peak its ugly head around the corner.

Because he's getting old, and it's getting worse.

He was just going to have another stent put in, but his doctors said that the artery would be fully blocked again in about a year.
    That's why he needs to get the bypass.

I guess what it really boils down to is that I'm finally facing my parents' mortality. My dad's had heart attacks, before, and even medically died for a few minutes during his first before they shocked him back to life, but all of it's finally starting to actually sink in with me.
    And then I have to wonder what would happen to my mother (who doesn't work) and my sister (who's in high school).
    It's something that I've always considered somewhat of a distant threat, even though reality should have kicked me square in the teeth when it first happened, but I guess I'm just slow to accepting the situation. Probably because of denial, and because I tend to detach myself from situations and shut my emotions off, as it's necessary for me to function.

It's just hard to stomach.
    Resident Koopa Trash

So my mum and stepdad returned from a visit to his parent's. They brought with them a bunch of vinyls, with surprisingly many good names there like ZzTop and Scorpions, along with CCR.
    So I took them out a half assed carrying case and laid the interesting ones apart the rest of them.
    This is already where I got told exactly how to separate the albums, how to carry them and so on.
    I OWN MORE vinyls than they do. I haven't broken a single one. Yet they're suddenly going over their heads about me so much as touching stuff that they couldn't give a less of a fuck, just because my stepdad has broken vinyls in his past.

I just jammed the vinyls back where I took them in nonsensical order and walked away. I wanted to listen to them, but I can't be arsed to give them the pleasure of seeing me enjoy things they brought. I couldn't care less of them anymore. A way to ruin things: dictate every move.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Vinyl is pretty tough, it's hard to imagine someone breaking them without sitting on them on a soft surface or using them as Frisbees. Ive been collecting vinyl for 15+ years and have yet to chip or break a single one. It really boggles the mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I'm not particularly worried so much about the surgery, itself, as I am about his ever-increasing heart problems. I'm hoping that the bypass will give him more years, but I just dread whatever new problem decides to peak its ugly head around the corner.

Because he's getting old, and it's getting worse.

He was just going to have another stent put in, but his doctors said that the artery would be fully blocked again in about a year.
    That's why he needs to get the bypass.

I guess what it really boils down to is that I'm finally facing my parents' mortality. My dad's had heart attacks, before, and even medically died for a few minutes during his first before they shocked him back to life, but all of it's finally starting to actually sink in with me.
    And then I have to wonder what would happen to my mother (who doesn't work) and my sister (who's in high school).
    It's something that I've always considered somewhat of a distant threat, even though reality should have kicked me square in the teeth when it first happened, but I guess I'm just slow to accepting the situation. Probably because of denial, and because I tend to detach myself from situations and shut my emotions off, as it's necessary for me to function.

It's just hard to stomach.
    Ah, shit. I didnt know about past issues. I still wish you the best of luck.
    I cant imagine being in that situation, I'm sorry, I truely am.
    Last edited by Batty Krueger; 06-17-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    When your dumbass brother thinks it's not his responsibility to help train the family dog. Sorry to break it to you, but EVERYONE needs to play a part in keeping her in line & trained. You live here, you play with her, you bond with her, you fucking help train her. Swearing at her isn't training either. Dogs learn best when everyone participates, you can't just let her get by with whatever she wants or she'll start to push more.

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    Those weird computer issues that are a pain in the ass to pinpoint. Y'know, the kind that drags the speed of the browser down and drives the cooling fan like mad.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    My left shoulder than can dislocate by doing a certain movement...
    I managed that about an hour ago... this hand is gonna be too weak for most things for several weeks...

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiido View Post
    My left shoulder than can dislocate by doing a certain movement...
    I managed that about an hour ago... this hand is gonna be too weak for most things for several weeks...
    I had my shoulder dislocated for the first time at the beginning of the month at a furcon...3 words, fuck bounce houses.

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Hate when I start seeing patterns on people I like. Especially when they think they have mine figured. So I crack under pressure and I can get backed under giving in eventually, huh?

Though I'm not exactly on good terms with choosing the violent option more often though. Whether its physical or mental... Doesn't feel like what I used to do.