Page 252 of 424 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Saga

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    When internal communication inside an office fails spectacularly. To the point that it financially cripples you ._.

I'm having a bad time getting a new job since February. So I tried to reapply in there again after the stated 6 months waiting period. In fact, my situation is such that my mate and his mother (who doesn't know about us, despise being a sweethearted mid-sixties lady), who both works in there as well, gone through a lot of trouble to recommend me back inside, on their own whim .w.

After a month of lag to get me a date to go sign the papers and a start date, suddenly I can't enroll. Because the waiting time was one year, not six months... OH THANK YOU, TEENAGER SECTOR MANAGER GIRL! Now that I gone through six stressful months scraping my bone around trying to get a chintzy income for, at very least, sustain my internet, so I can look for a job...! You tell me after going through my ex-boss, two contacts, their managers, and whoever else was involved on getting them both a bonus for appointing me, that there was a miscommunication? At the effin' LAST SECOND?!

Boyfriend had to deal with me bending a lamppost with a jab I fired in frustration, during his interval. I was THAT p.o'd yesterday. Hand got close to fracture because of this but fuck it, it was either that or connect that punch to the intended targets. Now I got nine days to magically find another interview, or my internet gets axed. And with it, the only way I have to find a job in this friggin city. Either that, or get a fat loan at one of the sharks from the main street here, pay for a truck, and work on transport. Which is the only other option in this backwater town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    You should eat a peanut butter sandwich with wholegrain breads and drink some milk!

Also cherries.
    I ate tough rye bread and some yoghurt with water, does that count? :V

I'm just gonna exhaust myself today so I'll be too tired to even complain. Here goes nothing

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    SO OKAY. NOW I KNOW WHAT LADIES GO THROUGH WITH PICKUP TYPES.

I'm in the store working and a guy comes in and gets a hookah. I'm like COOL HI welcome to the shop! We start talking and he's really nice. Lately I've been coming out of my shell and really presenting myself in a cleaner way. I guess I'm taking care of myself more, and HRT has got me looking a little more delicate and soft. With my hair down it looks nice! And it seems to show. I get compliments from both men and women.

Well anyhow, we start talking and he's asking me all sorts of things about me. I talk about writing, and my passions, and how I moved up from more or less nothing. Now remember... he asked and seemed very interested in hearing the things I was talking about.

Then he sort of pauses the conversation and asks, "Hey when do you get off work? I think you're very nice."

I get all red and flustery. He's nice, but also says he's from out of town, and really not my type. Plus I'm SUPER busy trying to work, get certain things back on track, and get my head straightened before I jump into anything like that with a stranger. So I say so and he says okay and I keep talking.

I literally watched the interest in the conversation slowly drain from his face, second by second.

No more comments. No more nods. Literally just LETS me talk and then when I get kind of thrown off by it, he doesn't say anything. Just goes back to smoking his hookah. Ten minutes later he's gone with but a "Bye thanks for the hookah" as he leaves.

There was this little moment where my jaw kinda dropped and I realized, "Holy shit. Every damned bit of that interest was fake."
    And then to have him CUT it on the drop of a hat, once he found out I had no romantic interest... that was pretty shocking.
    I'd never come across anything like that, and I won't like.
    Really ground my gears.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2516
    I don't think that's just a ladies thing, CC. I mean I see it happen with women toward men too, and I see it/experience it on the internet a lot as well, especially when you hang around furries. I'm honestly shocked you've never come across it before. I believe you, but still. I wonder if it's just a matter of perspective.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I don't think that's just a ladies thing, CC. I mean I see it happen with women toward men too, and I see it/experience it on the internet a lot as well, especially when you hang around furries. I'm honestly shocked you've never come across it before. I believe you, but still. I wonder if it's just a matter of perspective.
    Maybe I shouldn't say 'ladies' but just people being 'hit on' in general (though LORD I can hardly bring myself to think of it as that).

I mean... Honestly, I was probably on the other end of it. Thinking back in my horridly awkward days of talking to girls. I grew up in small town Texas. It's not the Middle of Nowhere but you can definitely see it from my hometown. So it didn't offer.... the full scope of "romantic" types? (for better and worse) Romance and the dating game in general is crazy different in a town that might have a graduating class of six people one year, and a third of school system being related in some vague way in general.

There was actually one year where a girl found out she'd been dating her second cousin. I mean, obviously no blood connection and not her fault. I think someone had gotten married AFTER they'd stop dating and made them family (but it was still quite the scandal when someone managed to connect two-and-two together.)

So... yeah, perspective. I can agree with that. I'm still very much country come to town, despite my best efforts. (Probably why I'm always watching, fascinated by this kind of interaction). so yeah, that said, back home that probably would have been strictly a lady's thing. Girls there aren't much of the 'gold digger' type as much as the "high maintenance rhinestone cowgirl" types who will ravage and burn your crops and soul at the drop of a barbed wire brimmed cowboy hat.

Hell hath no fury like a cowgirl scorned.

(Also when I say small rural school with a graduating class of 6, I'm not lying. Mine had 20, and was the biggest graduating class in that school to date. So again that's a very skewed cross cut. For what it was worth, we had exactly 1 bisexual kid who was open about it. 1 black person who attended for a single semester before he transferred to larger school in the area. And student parking lot that was exactly 1 row wide.)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2518
    People's desire to read and care only when it's convenient and easy for them. Smh. My face does not match my avatar right now.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Wait and see the amount of interest being drained from women's face when the wallet is empty.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteCaliente View Post
    SO OKAY. NOW I KNOW WHAT LADIES GO THROUGH WITH PICKUP TYPES.

I'm in the store working and a guy comes in and gets a hookah. I'm like COOL HI welcome to the shop! We start talking and he's really nice. Lately I've been coming out of my shell and really presenting myself in a cleaner way. I guess I'm taking care of myself more, and HRT has got me looking a little more delicate and soft. With my hair down it looks nice! And it seems to show. I get compliments from both men and women.

Well anyhow, we start talking and he's asking me all sorts of things about me. I talk about writing, and my passions, and how I moved up from more or less nothing. Now remember... he asked and seemed very interested in hearing the things I was talking about.

Then he sort of pauses the conversation and asks, "Hey when do you get off work? I think you're very nice."

I get all red and flustery. He's nice, but also says he's from out of town, and really not my type. Plus I'm SUPER busy trying to work, get certain things back on track, and get my head straightened before I jump into anything like that with a stranger. So I say so and he says okay and I keep talking.

I literally watched the interest in the conversation slowly drain from his face, second by second.

No more comments. No more nods. Literally just LETS me talk and then when I get kind of thrown off by it, he doesn't say anything. Just goes back to smoking his hookah. Ten minutes later he's gone with but a "Bye thanks for the hookah" as he leaves.

There was this little moment where my jaw kinda dropped and I realized, "Holy shit. Every damned bit of that interest was fake."
    And then to have him CUT it on the drop of a hat, once he found out I had no romantic interest... that was pretty shocking.
    I'd never come across anything like that, and I won't like.
    Really ground my gears.
    Damn dude, that must have been awkward as shit.
    Ive been in a few similar situations, but never at work.
    Like theres times where I get into deep conversations with people and as soon as the fact that I'm married comes up, well...you know you experienced the same thing. I get real passionate about a good coversation and then when the marriage thing comes up its like...really? I just spent like an hour talking to you and all of a sudden you have to be somewhere or forgot you had to meet someone? Gimmie a break...like seriously.

Sorry you had to go through that at work. Geez.

OT-
    That I have to be to work in a few hours and I cant sleep for shit. I really have to stop playing games at night or this fiasco happens. Gunna be another damn few weeks till I can get my sleep schedule back on track. Fuck you TitanFall!
    Last edited by Batty Krueger; 06-17-2014 at 08:46 AM.