Page 385 of 424 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    OT: People who bitch about how you shouldn't draw characters skinnier / more conventionally attractive / whatever, but then have a bunch of overweight fetish art of characters in their blogs / galleries / favorites / what have you.
    Newsflash: You's a hypocrite.
    Please do not.
    I haven't seen anyone like that complain about skinny characters. Honestly, the only people I've seen pitching a shitfit are social justice warriors. They're still hypocrites anyway, but meh.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Beggars that just approach people directly for money when they don't even look like they're on of those crazy dirty homeless people.

Is there a big sign on my head saying "Beg me" or something? I may be an asshole but I'm not to the type to really say no. Sadly, 50 cent or 1$ is how much they think they seem to be worth now. I'm only donating out of pity here, not actual feel of charity. Go get a job ffs. Conv store and Security guards are hiring. There's even a paper nearby or is having some pride too much goddamn work?

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Literally grinding gears. There is no sound, no feeling, that can say "you just fucked up" like the sound of two gears rubbing teeth together because you just barely mistimed your clutch release and shift throw. First time I've done it with my current car tonight, and I suddenly feel like a fucking stupid, awkward 16 year-old doing it for the first time.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Of all the times I handle glass at work i have never once been cut by it. What gets me? Fucking measuring tape, matboard, poster board, cardboard. Yet every time i handle glass my manager loses her shit. Glass isn't the problem lady ._.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    ugh i need to meditate.... my mind is... ugh....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Of all the times I handle glass at work i have never once been cut by it. What gets me? Fucking measuring tape, matboard, poster board, cardboard. Yet every time i handle glass my manager loses her shit. Glass isn't the problem lady ._.
    I relate to this so much. Working in a kitchen, you'd expect I get cut by the multitude of sharp, shiny, well-maintained knives? Nope! Instead, my fingers have found damn near every sharp edge in the kitchen that was never intended for cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    One of the small yet obnoxious things I get is when I upload a picture of a character and a bunch of people ask me “ARE YOU GONNA DO SUCH AND SUCH!?!”

What great feedback. Damn. Can’t just...appreciate what was done right now, huh? Have to immediately beg me to do something else for you? :I
    Oh I hate this. Or those people that have to do that two-faced compliment of "Oh, this looks nice and all, but I think it would be better if it's (insert completely subjective aesthetic choices).

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    One of the small yet obnoxious things I get is when I upload a picture of a character and a bunch of people ask me ARE YOU GONNA DO SUCH AND SUCH!?!

What great feedback. Damn. Cant just...appreciate what was done right now, huh? Have to immediately beg me to do something else for you? :I
    I dunno, I guess I sort of see these sort of comments as just eagerness to see more of one's art. Although, if that's the only thing in the comment, and nothing about the piece itself, then it does seem rather unappreciative, I suppose.

I've run into an earlier peeve mentioned in this thread, about one's characters being compared to other, more popular characters. I'm currently trying to design a pinata-themed character, who, in the drawing I've done, happens to be carrying a big baseball bat. A friend of mine took one look at it and said it looked like Renard's Quick Brown Fox. :b Yes, they're both pinatas with bats, but... They're not the same species, or color scheme even (mine is based on those generic pink/blue/yellow donkey pinatas). Now I'm wondering if he's right though, worried it looks to much like that other character. :c

Another unrelated art-peeve is when I show my friends a new sketch (or page of sketches) I've done, and all I get is:

"Cool."

I know it's supposed to be a positive comment, but... I guess it sometimes makes me feel like I show them too much of my art, and that they're tired of my stuff by now (not wanting to spend time to actually look at the stuff I show them anymore). v; I guess I'm just being irrational, though.
    It would be nice to get more specific comments or critique about my art, though... I like to share my art stuff with my friends, but if they don't seem to look at it for more than two seconds, maybe I shouldn't bother. I would still post art in my gallery, just not share the sketches in Skype or whatever. There's a bunch of stuff I share with my friends that doesn't make it to my Weasyl gallery.

Agh, I've sort of rambled on about this now. I should stop posting so much when I'm tired.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    I've run into an earlier peeve mentioned in this thread, about one's characters being compared to other, more popular characters. I'm currently trying to design a pinata-themed character, who, in the drawing I've done, happens to be carrying a big baseball bat. A friend of mine took one look at it and said it looked like Renard's Quick Brown Fox. :b Yes, they're both pinatas with bats, but... They're not the same species, or color scheme even (mine is based on those generic pink/blue/yellow donkey pinatas). Now I'm wondering if he's right though, worried it looks to much like that other character. :c
    A good character will have some kind of reference point to them that points out the unique trait in them.
    The reference point must also not be something hilarious dumb like "Rainbow wings made out of cotton candy cloud" cause that's just retarded.

If you're worried about it then find a way to add some kind of unique trait that when you take the whole picture, cut it into a bunch of hidden piece puzzle and the moment you flip this part over and see some kind of emblem or highlight and you immediately know that it's your character out of every other possible characters then it's heading in the right direction.

Weasyl
    N/A
    After waiting several months, my school has determined no financial aid for me. -sigh- wonderful
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    argh. the wifi at home is messing up and my choker keeps getting loose.... man... i need to calm down...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.