Page 421 of 424 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    folffairport
    Frequent Vietcong attacks.

But seriously what grinds my gears the most right now:

People who contact people on websites with no real intention of conversing or communicating. Especially dating website. Seriously, why message someone and be like 'hey here's my Skype' with no intention of adding someone onto it, let alone communicating, or even logging on? You know, the same type of people who also have 9,000 Facebook 'friends' none of which they have ever met let alone really talked to. People these days don't have minds let alone social skills. It's bad enough when someone doesn't have social skills in person, but if they can't fake it on the internet as well? I have lost faith in humanity, let alone the 'furry-fandom.' I have also given up all hope of meeting someone in the fandom who isn't a self-serving clique-obsessed paranoid wack job or inflicted with a sexually obsessive personality disorder or God forbid both at the same time. I guess you could say, lately "fellow" furries grind my gears. /endrant

Weasyl
    Tangent-Theta
    I think too many things get on my nerves, but ...
    -When people say "technical difficulties"
    -When people leave the toilet seat open ... and the toilet paper being put in upside-down
    -When people say how their art sucks when they have good art
    -People in the hallways at school that randomly stop in the middle, or when they group up in the middle of the hallway
    -That one announcer at school that lists like 50 names really slowly
    -The flour bag in the pantry being left wide open
    -People that say "my art is SFW/clean!" and then they have fetish stuff.
    -Most Sonic fan characters.
    -Pretty much little stupid things that bug me for some reason.

Weasyl
    teahee
    I relate to Rokusho's post so much.

Also, what grinds my gears is when I'm working and explaining something to the person and I say, "Do you have any other questions?" And they go, "No, but I do have a question. How do I..etc etc." This tells me you weren't listening to what I was saying at all! Gosh darnit!

Weasyl
    folffairport
    I'd also like to add roll pins. Fuck roll pins. Whoever invented them is a douchebag. They are overpriced ridiculously tiny pieces of .00001 cent steel yet cost like $4 when it's for a propriety tool / item that needs it and when you lose one or damage one, there goes another $4. Good luck ever finding one if it falls. I hate roll pins. >:C Oh and shipping on websites. It's insane these days. $10 for a 1/16x1/4" roll pin? SERIOUSLY?! Stick it in a damn envelope with a stamp you cheap bastards! D:

Weasyl
    Dvir
    when your local tap water as so much chlorine in it that drinking some = instant stomach ache....>.<

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    The furry fandom. There are some seriously messed up people in it.
    Yes, you said it.
    The problem is confusion over the definitions of tolerance and acceptance.

Tolerance is tolerating someone who does not share your ideals, points of view, lifestyle, other choices. They tolerate it by not killing, injuring, maiming or assaulting you for those reasons.

Accepting is what they truly want. They want you to like everything they like and do and they want it be something you are forced to like as well.

In trying to be all encompassing, it has limited the furry fandom to accepting people who would otherwise be regarded as freaks or monsters.

Tolerating stuff is a part of common courtesy and decency.
    Acceptance it is something done out of an act of love.

Forcing people to accept something from someone they do not love breeds contempt because it is counter to nature. It is also tyrannical the measures taken to ensure it as well. By forcing people to accept something then simultaneously making taboo anything said to the contrary of it is wrong and creates a paradox.

Political correctness is a prime example. All this tip-toeing through the tulips to say things that will not upset this group of people or that group of people is disgusting and defies the First Amendment Right (A right, not a privilege) to free speech. GROW A THICKER SKIN! Not everyone has to like you or what you do.
    So liberty for some is more important than for others. That is serious Animal Farm crap going on right there.

It is the so-called "social justice" types. They are truly 'social-progressives." I truly despise them in the culture at large but I definitely cannot stand them within the ranks of the furry fandom. I am all but out of the fandom as a result of sharing convention spaces and the "furry-web-verse" with these ass-clowns. Furry for me is a hobby, not a way of life, and my hobby should not aggravate me.
    Last edited by Skylar_Husky; 12-11-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    there are still two more days of school after today...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Bornes
    I just found a cool artist I wanted to watch but when I hit the follow button, it said I had been blocked.

I've never talked to that person before. :|

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome to the club of """harmful""" opinions. LoL.

Now you know how I feel ;P

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornes View Post
    I just found a cool artist I wanted to watch but when I hit the follow button, it said I had been blocked.

I've never talked to that person before. :|
    You probably follow questionable persons comrade. The illustrious artist demands use of autoblockers to ensure the uncouth plebians remain hidden.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax