Page 408 of 424 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

"Deal with it".

The free pass of every asshole.
    Why should I waste effort understanding some people are less tolerant to asshole-ish behavior than others, and act accordingly, when I can just, as the narcissistic spoiled manchild I am, keep acting like an asshole behind internet distance or anonimosity safety and just tell everyone else to deal with it.
    Fuck them. I'm not going to put any effort. They're the ones wrong here, clearly. Other people are assholes too, why should I put effort into being different?

^
    That line of thinking grinds my gears above all.

Different experiences yield different attitudes,of course. The reason I asked is also because I know myself.

I would like to say I have a high tolerance for stupidity and can ignore things without groaning or rolling my eyes or commenting, but truth is? I don't. And I know I also don't have much in terms of a filter, when I know I really should. So, something like FB's block-function? That's a godsend. Because I don't have to see the asinine comments and I can't be tempted to snark either. And while I'm getting better at ignoring stuff, some people just tend to push allllll the buttons, intentional or not. And that's where a block-button comes in handy, I suppose.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Public forums are public discussion platforms. There exist private forums that are much more strictly regulated so that could always be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by dischimera View Post
    "Deal with it".

The free pass of every asshole.
    Honestly that's just a lesson from Nature. Can you imagine if our immune system didn't take such an approach?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

It's a pretty shitty response though because it's circular. Basically it's also asking for shit. Let's see how well you "deal with" the bottom part of my leg broken off in your ass.

Weasyl
    N/A
    It's not really a shitty response; like I said it's just something fundamental. I mean, it's pretty much the crux of any underdog story in our species culture. The few times that it's not, their generally regarded as fables due to the characters ending as they began, usually suffering for it.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    CrazyLee
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    It grinds my gears to no end feeling like big chunks of my life have been sitting on my hands since I've been out of college. 6 years have gone by. I thought most of it was a lesson in patience but then I keep wondering if I was too passive or too afraid to jump on opportunities. It's not that I have regrets already... it is more that I am so uncertain and it pisses me off that I just don't know what path to take.
    Don't feel too bad. I graduated a 2 year college 3 years ago and have yet to get into a 4 year college, or decide which one to go into. I spent a year taking classes thinking I was going to a certain university but they refused to offer me any grants or scholarships, so now I'm not going there anymore, and that year of classes won't transfer to the two universities I'm considering now, so year wasted.

The response to deal with it is usually just another deal with it though.

"fuck you, you're an asshole!"
    "yeah, I'm an asshole, deal with it, asshole!"
    "hey asshole, fuck you just because fuck you, deal with that!"
    at this point anyone with a gun will have drawn it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ironically that's probably because no one in that scenario is actually dealing with it.

Weasyl
    CrazyLee
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    at this point anyone with a gun will have drawn it.
    'Murrica. Fuck yea.
    Solving our problems with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Ironically that's probably because no one in that scenario is actually dealing with it.
    Exactly, no one deals, they just pull their guns and knives or hand grenade or whatever it is! So? Why are we fronting all the time if we just want to wreck shit?