Page 349 of 424 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    People that open up with "You don't have..." as the beginning to their query as to whether or not we have an item. Truly our educational systems are sinking ships if this is considered a proper way to phrase a question. I'd rather hear the people who come in and bemoan about how disgusting everything is, at least they are amusing to witness.

Weasyl
    Recel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    People that open up with "You don't have..." as the beginning to their query as to whether or not we have an item. Truly our educational systems are sinking ships if this is considered a proper way to phrase a question. I'd rather hear the people who come in and bemoan about how disgusting everything is, at least they are amusing to witness.
    Hey. You can just answer: "That is a keen observation my good sir!" and just leave it at that.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Hey. You can just answer: "That is a keen observation my good sir!" and just leave it at that.
    There's a lot of sarcastic replies I could give, but the sad truth is half of them would likely go over their head and they would simply restate their imbecilic question. I could also throw them out of the store, but none of these things mentioned is appropriate behavior.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Especially inconsistent or flaky people. I know my standards can be a bit high sometimes but even the barest modicum of reliability seems to elude some people. I give so much leeway and the benefit of the doubt and some still can't be arsed to try. The excuses I've gotten are always so...amusing.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    There's a lot of sarcastic replies I could give, but the sad truth is half of them would likely go over their head and they would simply restate their imbecilic question. I could also throw them out of the store, but none of these things mentioned is appropriate behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyopteryx View Post
    Especially inconsistent or flaky people. I know my standards can be a bit high sometimes but even the barest modicum of reliability seems to elude some people. I give so much leeway and the benefit of the doubt and some still can't be arsed to try. The excuses I've gotten are always so...amusing.
    The only thing left that you can do in these situations is to exude some good old disdain for plebs
    You cannot believe how much it brightens your days

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    The only thing left that you can do in these situations is to exude some good old disdain for plebs
    You cannot believe how much it brightens your days
    On the contrary, I can.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    When someone goes "You know what's... ?", than just stay quite, waiting for you to ask "Oh gee, I can never guess! What is it?", and if you don't ask back, they just never say anything.

It's like they say they have something really interesting to say. Than they don't say what it is unless you give them all the attention they desire in the whole effin world.

Utterly annoying.
    I have a friend who likes to start out a story with:

"You wanna know something funny?"

I sit there waiting through his looong story waiting for the "funny" part...
    And it never comes. Apparently it's just a thing he says, whether his story is funny or not. :T

Another thing that annoys me is that the "story" is usually some drawn-out explanation of some YouTube video that's only funny if you actually watch it (and sometimes, not even then).

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Furry puns make me want to choke a penguin.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Furry puns make me want to choke a penguin.
    Ah, that's one of the things I was forgetting... Agreed.

Also, not really pun-related I suppose, but it kind of bugs me when furries refer to real people with animal words on a regular basis ("paws" instead of hands, "mates" when referring to partners/significant others... That sort of thing).

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Ah, that's one of the things I was forgetting... Agreed.

Also, not really pun-related I suppose, but it kind of bugs me when furries refer to real people with animal words on a regular basis ("paws" instead of hands, "mates" when referring to partners/significant others... That sort of thing).
    So... are Australians furries then? Or people? I am confused, mates.