Page 347 of 424 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3461

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    ^That's a joke you should be mad at Pinar. Not Zeitz pardon, the indiegogo clown.
    Why do you think I'm not?

The gender identity jokes have been going on for nine pages now, and I think that's quite enough. I'm not a forum mod but I still have people asking me to do something because they're seriously uncomfortable with this and they don't want to make a target of themselves by speaking up. They've been waiting for the subject to blow over since it started.

Enough with the kin-type jokes, too. To my knowledge, otherkin "beliefs" are as mild as "I just really feel like a ______." Not everyone that uses that label thinks they were reincarnated from a faerie dragon spirit on a fifth plane of existence.

This isn't FAF, please keep from cultivating that sort of hostile atmosphere over here.
    Last edited by piņardilla; 06-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm crockin though.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Why do you think I'm not?

The gender identity jokes have been going on for nine pages now, and I think that's quite enough. I'm not a forum mod but I still have people asking me to do something because they're seriously uncomfortable with this and they don't want to make a target of themselves by speaking up. They've been waiting for the subject to blow over since it started.

Enough with the kin-type jokes, too. To my knowledge, otherkin "beliefs" are as mild as "I just really feel like a ______." Not everyone that uses that label thinks they were reincarnated from a faerie dragon spirit on a fifth plane of existence.

This isn't FAF, please keep from cultivating that sort of hostile atmosphere over here.
    I think there's a difference between serious gender identities and kintypes, and the jokes that have been made.

It's like... Nazis are a serious issue. What they did is a serious issue.
    But if you joke around at the idea of robot Nazis in space riding dinosaurs and wielding lightsabers, it becomes so far removed from reality that you can derive humor from it.

Which, imo, follows the same course as making fun of calling garlic bread a kintype or acid green a gender.

But that's just my opinion.
    It shouldn't be considered as a personal attack, because it's not targeting those who are reasonable about it. It's just the ridiculous off-the-wall stuff that probably should not be encouraged. (Like the dude in the screenshot.)

I dated someone once who at first didn't know I like drawing pinups and when she found out, she had a problem with it. It was beyond frustrating having her attempt to guilt me to stop doing something harmless that I find fun and didn't push on her. Even for a girlfriend, it's like "fuck your feelings". Thankfully, she got the fuck over herself. :/
    I can understand why people do have an issue with it. I'm still moving past that, myself, and I guess just growing into not giving a shit the older and more tired I get.

Having rules and boundaries is one thing, if you're open and direct about them, either at the beginning of the relationship or before it even starts. That way, this person knows, and if they aren't comfortable with that, they can leave.

It's just the weird train of logic that I don't get.
    Making up something in your head is more offensive than looking at real people who actually exist?
    No.
    That makes no sense.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Allow me to help get back on topic and not lose sight of the point of this thread. I swear such a debate should have simply been made its own thread by now if you people feel that passionate about it to continue it.

OT: Ants. Ants. Ants. Ants.

Have you ever tasted raw ant when you're trying to eat your dinner? Because I have. One too many times. This damn house either needs to be fumigated or razed to its foundations.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Waking up too early, or waking up too late D:

Weasyl
    N/A
    Some motherfuck scratched my car door. People need to learn to fucking park.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Had an ant problem in my room last week. I just spammed Terro and they were gone in 4 days.
    I sincerely hope you'll never have to deal with a full blown ant infestation because it is abysmal. It's gotten to the point that ant bait, Raid or anything of that nature only stems the tide.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    If you still need someone to help with the razing, I'm available on weekends.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    If you still need someone to help with the razing, I'm available on weekends.
    Excellent, help is always welcome. We'll make a day out of it, have a celebratory bbq afterwards and everything.