Page 293 of 424 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Hahahaha I thought I was the lazy one procrastinating on a group project
    Turns out I'm the only one done with my stuff. The others are half-done or less. It's due tomorrow and I don't have their contact information (woops; that was my bad)
    ahahaha
    we're gonna fail this

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Hahahaha I thought I was the lazy one procrastinating on a group project
    Turns out I'm the only one done with my stuff. The others are half-done or less. It's due tomorrow and I don't have their contact information (woops; that was my bad)
    ahahaha
    we're gonna fail this
    I hate group projects because if one person does all the work and the rest do jack shit, everyone fails (or gets the same grade more or less).
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    I hate group projects because if one person does all the work and the rest do jack shit, everyone fails (or gets the same grade more or less).
    A while ago i spent like a week doing a project on my own because my 2 partners didn't say anything and just shrugged at every suggestion I made and wouldn't respond to texts of emails. I think somehow we actually did okay, but jesus christ that made me so pissed.

At least they've done some work on this project. The issue is that it's divided into parts that each person does so I have no control over it unless I decide to invade and do it for them since they won't. Arg.

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    A while ago i spent like a week doing a project on my own because my 2 partners didn't say anything and just shrugged at every suggestion I made and wouldn't respond to texts of emails. I think somehow we actually did okay, but jesus christ that made me so pissed.

At least they've done some work on this project. The issue is that it's divided into parts that each person does so I have no control over it unless I decide to invade and do it for them since they won't. Arg.
    If youre able to talk to your Teach in private or thru email, Id say let them know what all you contributed to the project compared to the others. Ive had professors that graded upon the full final product, but also by how much one contibuted to the project itself. So while we may not have had a complete final product, I still got better grades than my classmates. Yeah it throws them under the bus, and yeah it feels bad, but your grades shouldnt suffer because someone else didnt feel like doing their job.

As for own grievance to add to thread, it's actually kinda closely related to this.
    When my co-cooks dont complete their prepwork and I have to pick up their slack while also dealing with my own list of stuff to be done before closing time. I dont mind having to put in a tray of bacon bits into the oven or portioning out pot pies, its nothing hard, but it should have been prepped earlier that day since it was slow, but now Im farther behind than expected to finish before the kitchen closes..
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    The term "Games are fun when played with a friend" doesn't really apply to MMO when one of them is so slow and inactive it drags the rest of the people down.

*Makes a new char*

"Ermahgerd I want to try a new class I will make a new class to play with you too"

This little shit....

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Console wars.

Im at a loss.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Console wars.

Im at a loss.
    I hardly console anymore anyway. My interests have changed.

Weasyl
    N/A
    this stupid chemistry course and not being able to figure anything out and holy fuck why can't I understand this bullshit
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Internet people.

I'm seriously at my wits end here. I'm at the end of my Associates program at my college, so the work has really turned up for me as of late. Additionally, I got a few new roles at my job (whilst receiving yet another raise) so my downtime on the job has been reduced to zero for the most part. So then I come home to a few messages from people complaining about me. "How come you don't play with us anymore?" "How come you don't get in the group chat anymore?" "How comes you don't message me and I have to be the one to message you?"

Sure, it's nice! I in form them that school turned up the heat and my job just crams me atm. I tell em thing will lighten up when break happens. I figured they'd understand but nope! Every moment they see me on, they complained about me not playing a video game with them. I mean, this isn't "Hey let's chat about life" this is "Why won't you play a videogame with me? When will you get free time for ME". Seriously? Like, I have to baby sit you? I'm sorry that you don't have a job and you don't go to school. I'm sorry I don't write or draw with you anymore because of school. I'm sorry I can't have the luxury of entering a group chat where the conversation is reduced to idiotic memes and talking about how much the console you aren't a fanboy of sucks so bad. I have a thing called a life (well, tbh with all this work it seems like the contrary).

And when I have people bitching at me for not talking to them then going off and writing a sob story about "Oh boohoo my friend doens't wanna talk to me anymore", I seriously lose my shit. I swear to god, it should be a government law to force people into some sort of labor for 8 hours a day once they turn 18 so they can start to understand why I'm never around. Sure, I would LOOOOVE to graduate now and get my evenings back. It seriously felt like I was on high school summer break when school was out because "WOOHOO! I GOT 4 HOURS A NIGHT BACK ". Do these people seriously think I'm going out of my way to not have leisure time? I mean, good god, the only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that I can spend my 1 hour a night doing whatever I want to do, like doodling for a few minutes, cooking dinner (at my new 10pm dinner slot), or (if I'm not too burnt out by the day) sitting down on my couch, sticking my hands down my pants and baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. But, of course, that doesn't count as 'pulling your weight' anymore in this day and age.

So just... ARRRRGH I wanna break some skulls, I'm so annoyed by these no life internet folks. I know I know, they're people to. But I swear to god, when people are so damn ignorant to what a busy work life is like it just drives me insane.

Even more than people who post "UGH! I GOT 2 HOURS OF CLASS AND A 3 HOUR SHIFT AT MCDONALDS FUCK MY LIFE THAT'S MY WHOLE DAY GONE". I swear to god, I would KILL for a 5 hour work day you little piece of shit.

HOLY FUCK im mad.

My mind instantly jumps back to an old friend of mine who would show off her 20 hour school week and complain about how she'll never have time for anything anymore. If she showed me that now, I'd choke her to death, metaphorically speaking.
    Last edited by Toshabi; 04-16-2015 at 03:04 AM.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Reminds me of when I was working two jobs, and only had about an hour and a half between jobs to enjoy myself. Of course, I'm about to have a bit of a vacation in a lil bit.

I hope you forgive them, Toshabi...they're just kids at heart.