Thread: Rocksmith 2014

Rocksmith 2014

Anyone else tried this thing out? It seems to be a new way to learn guitar. Was using it yesterday and learned chords and scales i never knew.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    I was interested in it when I first heard of it, but quickly forgot about it, unfortunately.
    I did see it at GameStop, but I think they didn't have the cord, or something (game only).
    So you think it would be good for a complete beginner? I haven't played in years and may as well start over... >>;

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Got it for my dad for Christmas along with a guitar, it's pretty sweet; It goes over everything with you, from beginner to expert. I've seen some experts play with it and let me tell you, it actually does have you play the whole songs eventually and it's crazy.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I'd love to give it a shot. I don't think I can make the time commitment to justify buying it and a guitar though.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Pine
    I got the first game thinking that it was a rhythm game that you played with a guitar. I was sort of right but it's more of a learning tool than a challenging rhythm game. I'm not saying I was disappointed though, I just think it's more aimed at people who want to learn how to play guitar and less at the rhythm game crowd.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    I got the first game thinking that it was a rhythm game that you played with a guitar. I was sort of right but it's more of a learning tool than a challenging rhythm game. I'm not saying I was disappointed though, I just think it's more aimed at people who want to learn how to play guitar and less at the rhythm game crowd.
    My impression of it (having not actually played it) was that it was that thought everyone had of "man, what if you could play Guitar Hero with a real guitar and actually learn to play it for real" made a reality. Only that it turns out that it's not very game-like when you actually do that, and so they ran with it as a learning tool.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    I was interested in it when I first heard of it, but quickly forgot about it, unfortunately.
    I did see it at GameStop, but I think they didn't have the cord, or something (game only).
    So you think it would be good for a complete beginner? I haven't played in years and may as well start over... >>;
    I bought my version of Rocksmith 2014 from STEAM and bought the cable from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Rocksm.../dp/B005OSFUZI

Only thing is i choose the slow truck to LA before being shipped to Hawaii option on Amazon.