Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Who here is not a furry?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjo View Post
    It's just the way people are disassociating themselves is all.

You can replace the gay part with anything and the point remains the same.

Sort of like " Oooh I love furry art and drawing it, but I don't like furries"
    I don't think anyone here said that though?

It's mostly been like 'I have furry friends, draw furries sometimes, but I don't really consider myself one'

I mean there's gonna be people that consider other people furry just because they've drawn a furry once. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I don't think anyone here said that though?

It's mostly been like 'I have furry friends, draw furries sometimes, but I don't really consider myself one'

I mean there's gonna be people that consider other people furry just because they've drawn a furry once. Shrug.
    Just the way it was worded is all.

Weasyl
    Matt
    Just the way it was worded is all.
    Do you have a few examples that you could point out? If something going on in this thread is actually symptomatic of a problem you think needs to be addressed, I'd like to know, but none of the posts here seem anything like what you're talking about. We're clearly seeing this from two different perspectives. Help me understand yours.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Weasyl
    Ben
    I pretty much never refer to myself as a furry. All the characteristics are there that make people go "Uh huh, so you're a furry, right", but I just don't like applying that label to myself. I have a chinchilla-thing, but I don't take it seriously in the least-- It just kind of exists. I go to conventions because I like to travel, and a lot of my friends are furries. However, a lot of my friends aren't as well, and I feel as though there are far more significant things about my person (being a writer, musician, photographer, videographer, drag queen, activist, businessman) than liking animal people. If that makes any sense.
    Last edited by Ben; 08-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Do you have a few examples that you could point out? If something going on in this thread is actually symptomatic of a problem you think needs to be addressed, I'd like to know, but none of the posts here seem anything like what you're talking about. We're clearly seeing this from two different perspectives. Help me understand yours.

You really want me to point people out?

Alright, well the post above this is a great example.

Weasyl
    Matt
    You really want me to point people out?

Alright, well the post above this is a great example.
    I don't want you to point people out, that would make this personal. Ideally, I'd like you to point out the thought process that you've found problematic, and give at least a bit of detail as to why you think that way. You can use my post as an example if you want, but saying nothing more than the equivalent of "your post is a bad example" is just reflexive. If I am doing something wrong, that won't help me change at all. What exactly is it that you think I did?
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I don't want you to point people out, that would make this personal. Ideally, I'd like you to point out the thought process that you've found problematic, and give at least a bit of detail as to why you think that way. You can use my post as an example if you want, but saying nothing more than the equivalent of "your post is a bad example" is just reflexive. If I am doing something wrong, that won't help me change at all. What exactly is it that you think I did?

I'll use Ben's post to point it out since you can't grasp what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I pretty much never refer to myself as a furry. All the characteristics are there that make people go "Uh huh, so you're a furry, right", but I just don't like applying that label to myself. I have a chinchilla-thing, but I don't take it seriously in the least-- It just kind of exists. I go to conventions because I like to travel, and a lot of my friends are furries. However, a lot of my friends aren't as well, and I feel as though there are far more significant things about my person (being a writer, musician, photographer, videographer, drag queen, activist, businessman) than liking animal people. If that makes any sense.
    Obviously none of the other posts are that blatant, but I hope you get the point now.

i dont consider myself a furry i just draw furry/anthro things sometimes and am on furaffinity so i guess i can say im 'in the fandom' since i contribute to it in some way but thats all
    tmblr - fa - da

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Human sexuality?
    When people put being furry on the same level as being gay

Or black, for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    When people put being furry on the same level as being gay

Or black, for that matter
    You can change the word around to be anything really.

Could put otaku there.