Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    So apparently there's "a right race" to be and it should neatly fit with one's beliefs. You sure you're not a Viking, Tosh, cuz that sounds a hell of a lot like something Varg Vikernes might say.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    So apparently there's "a right race" to be and it should neatly fit with one's beliefs. You sure you're not a Viking, Tosh, cuz that sounds a hell of a lot like something Varg Vikernes might say.
    Maybe I am. Now wouldn't that be quite the story to tell?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Then what does a man have to be to follow the Book of Tosh?

I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved in a religion thread. Good luck to you Tango :I

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Then what does a man have to be to follow the Book of Tosh?

I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved in a religion thread. Good luck to you Tango :I
    A $15/month subscription fee and purchasing numerous expansions that are released on a bi-annual basis.

Weasyl
    Tango

That's rather 'Ayran' of you, Tosh. That's kind of like saying Ethiopians can't be Jews or white people can't be Rastafarians. Is that what you are saying, Tosh? Seems you are hinting at it pretty hard.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDelahunt View Post
    That's rather 'Ayran' of you, Tosh. That's kind of like saying Ethiopians can't be Jews or white people can't be Rastafarians. Is that what you are saying, Tosh? Seems you are hinting at it pretty hard.
    Are you denying the fact that some religions were made specifically by a race for that race alone?

Actually, there are a lot of Rastafarians who say you can't be a Rasta if you're white. And then you say, for argument's sake, perhaps those "white" Rastas aren't really white because they don't identify as such, think of themselves as such, or do much of anything in their daily life to further white supremacism/benefit from it. And then they'll tell you without the slightest sense of irony some racial essentialist bullshit that casts people of different colors as akin to different species, the white/European and all of his kind being somehow fundamentally opposed to blacks/Africans and their kind. This coming from an ostensibly antiracist group. It's one of the reasons I stopped identifying as one. I call myself a Rastatherian because I am a therian and because I figure it somehow cancels out the race-essentialism, homophobia and general negativity of Rastafari. By that same token, the Rasta element probably cancels out the zoophillic, conspiracy theorist elements of therianthropy.

TL;DR get lost, I work for a living and pay taxes and can't nobody tell me shit!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Does it matter? It is the philosophy more then following it to the letter. Especially since it is rather harmless.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Are you denying the fact that some religions were made specifically by a race for that race alone?
    Nice way to try to defect attention. Anyway, no where in my statements did I deny that. Judaism is a good example. But universal Asatru isn't that. But I'm not the one bringing racism into it. But I'll be sure to have all my papers in order next time I come by your checkpoint, Herr Toshabi.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Actually, there are a lot of Rastafarians who say you can't be a Rasta if you're white. And then you say, for argument's sake, perhaps those "white" Rastas aren't really white because they don't identify as such, think of themselves as such, or do much of anything in their daily life to further white supremacism/benefit from it. And then they'll tell you without the slightest sense of irony some racial essentialist bullshit that casts people of different colors as akin to different species, the white/European and all of his kind being somehow fundamentally opposed to blacks/Africans and their kind. This coming from an ostensibly antiracist group. It's one of the reasons I stopped identifying as one. I call myself a Rastatherian because I am a therian and because I figure it somehow cancels out the race-essentialism, homophobia and general negativity of Rastafari. By that same token, the Rasta element probably cancels out the zoophillic, conspiracy theorist elements of therianthropy.

TL;DR get lost, I work for a living and pay taxes and can't nobody tell me shit!

That's one way to raise post count. But humorous, it was. +1

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Does it matter? It is the philosophy more then following it to the letter. Especially since it is rather harmless.
    The answer to that question is the same as asking if this thread discussion matter. The answer is nope! I don't actually have a problem with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoDelahunt View Post
    Nice way to try to defect attention. Anyway, no where in my statements did I deny that. Judaism is a good example. But universal Asatru isn't that. But I'm not the one bringing racism into it. But I'll be sure to have all my papers in order next time I come by your checkpoint, Herr Toshabi.

Your posted suggested that harder than a guy buying me a drink asking me if I wanted to ride his pogostick. I've my eyes on you.
    Last edited by Toshabi; 01-06-2014 at 04:37 PM.