Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478

    Confessions of a Bath-a-holic


  2. #2
    Premium User Runefox's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Runefox
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NL, Canada
    Posts
    481
    And I thought I was being unreasonable when I got a bottle of shower gel and a bar of soap...

    I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time I actually had a bath. I've been shower-faithful since after elementary school.

  3. #3
    I'm a big Lush- and The Body Shop-fan, to be honest.

    Lush has the best bubblebars, hands down (The Comforter smells amazing and even if you only use a teeny part of it, you end up with a bathtub full of foam), but The Body Shop has the best bodybutters. Plus, the often have sales on them. :3

    Other than that, I tend to go for scents I like, mostly fruit- or flower-scents.
    I do check if there's no SLS in the products I use, as I've heard it's rather aggressive on your skin and I already have dry-as-hell hands. :c

    I'll be keeping an eye out for the recommendations, though! I live in Europe, but I'm making a trip to the US soon-ish and I want to make sure to stock up on some stuff that they don't sell over here.

  4. #4
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Ahh I should have mentioned the bubble bars. Lush is very good with those.

    Night Blooming Jasmine and Sheer Freesia are discontinued scents, I only can get them when they're on sale.

    Paris is a popular scent now very floral.
    White Citrus is a scent I use when I want to feel rejuvenated
    Moonlight Path is a soft lavender type of scent
    Honeysuckle is also a pleasant scent
    Japanese Cherry Blossom is a bit perfumy but depends on your senses.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Ahh I should have mentioned the bubble bars. Lush is very good with those.

    Night Blooming Jasmine and Sheer Freesia are discontinued scents, I only can get them when they're on sale.

    Paris is a popular scent now very floral.
    White Citrus is a scent I use when I want to feel rejuvenated
    Moonlight Path is a soft lavender type of scent
    Honeysuckle is also a pleasant scent
    Japanese Cherry Blossom is a bit perfumy but depends on your senses.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for those, then!
    The latest products I bought because they were very sweet-smelling were some DM-showergels in Germany. Unfortunately those are not available here in good old Belgium, but it why I like travelling and picking up new things.

    Coming back to Lush: I have one of their solid shampoo-bars (Seanik) and it does wonders for my straight hair. Plus, it's handy when travelling and keeping the amount of stuff you take with you to a minimum, in my opinion. The Lemony Flutter-balm is pretty great for an overnight hand-treatment (Greasy as hell, but it works miracles) and their Christmas-soap .. Snowcake, I think? smells heavenly, like marzipan. c:

    As for European brands to recommend .. I'm not sure if you guys have Yves Rocher in the US, but they have some pretty good masks / scrubs for cleaning your face. Speaking of which: I nearly jumped for joy when I finally found out my local drugstore also stocks Freeman-masks and that the local African beautyshops stock various other American bath & body-products. c:

  6. #6
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Do you have good bristle brushes over there? I would like to buy some. I hate the scrub brushes they sell in the US, they don't exfoliate well.

  7. #7
    Senior Lucy Bones's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    462
    Who doesn't love nice relaxing baths, though? o:

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Do you have good bristle brushes over there? I would like to buy some. I hate the scrub brushes they sell in the US, they don't exfoliate well.
    Hrm ... not that I know of, though I must admit I barely use scrub brushes. D:
    I managed to pick up a huge pot of salt-scrub and a loofa on the cheap, so I'm using that for now until the pot runs out.

    I would reckon that Kruidvat has scrub-brushes seeing as it's a general drugstore, but I have no clue about what the quality of those is like.

  9. #9
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    Who doesn't love nice relaxing baths, though? o:
    Have you ever tried a bath bomb? They're really nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Hrm ... not that I know of, though I must admit I barely use scrub brushes. D:
    I managed to pick up a huge pot of salt-scrub and a loofa on the cheap, so I'm using that for now until the pot runs out.

    I would reckon that Kruidvat has scrub-brushes seeing as it's a general drugstore, but I have no clue about what the quality of those is like.
    Thank you. I'll have to go look them up. I am one of those that likes a good hard scrub once a month to get rid of dead skin
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-05-2014 at 03:28 PM.

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    I love Lush so much but there isn't any where I live :c Every time I've visited the UK, I'd end up buying a shitload of Lush stuff and then forget what about I got haha. I still have a ton of soaps and body washes from them I need to use!

    Their bathbombs rule but I don't get to use them often since my tub is a bit small, but sometimes I do take baths when I'm particularly sore and stuff like bath bombs and bath salts really help <3

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •