Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Body Piercings and Body Art!

I am more than certain that there are at least a few of us here with body piercings, from the humble lobe to some of the more dramatic or exotic options there are.

Talk about them here! What piercings you have, what ones you'd like to get, so on and so forth. Please be mature about it, talk like you are in polite company and do not make others uncomfortable. I know some folks are a little over-enthusiastic about the details, and I also know some folks are quick to express their opinions of dislike.

I work in the industry for the time being, and while I am not a piercer nor am I a professional by any means I can say I know quite a bit more than the average joe does. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them or offer advice, but please bear in mind they are not to be taken as reliable or over the word of a professional.

If you'd like to learn more about piercings on your own, or just have a handy reference guide for all things about the subject, this book by Elayne Angel is quite possibly the most comprehensive and legitimate one around: http://www.piercingbible.com/

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Why not have this thread about body art in general, instead of just piercings?

Yeah, I've only got earrings in both my ears, but I've got a fair amount of ink as does the wife.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Sure, why not. If one of the staff around here would be so kind as to add to the title. I specifically mentioned piercings because it's what I have knowledge on and therefore is at the forefront of my mind at 2am.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    I have a little golden ring in my right ear (I could only afford one piercing at the time lol) and I have a black metal stud in my belly button with light blue rhinestones in it. I love body art. |3

I have spent the majority of my life so far avoiding have metal objects pushed into my body and I plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future. However to all of those that choose to get piercings or other body art more power to you. Just please do so in a safe and responsible manner.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    I also have a tattoo on my right breast of the name of one of my friends who committed suicide a couple years back.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Sure, why not. If one of the staff around here would be so kind as to add to the title. I specifically mentioned piercings because it's what I have knowledge on and therefore is at the forefront of my mind at 2am.
    Fixed

as for piercings. I have my lobes from when I was much much younger, but I hate wearing earrings in my lobes so it's probably long since closed.
    I also have the cartilage in my right ear done. I like it cause I can tub on it without worrying about it tearing (my greatest fear with lobe earrings) the only issue I had was it took for-fucking-ever to heal. It always wanted to be inflamed or infected. I like it, i'd do it again, but damn. So glad i knew not to get a gun one for that.
    I've considered getting another one close to the first, but I dunno.

Also I learned cold climate+metal in ear= oh fuck dammit, when I go outside.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    I really ought to get my other ear pierced.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've rolled around the idea of dabbling in this sort of thing, but I really can't think of what I'd like to have stuck on me permanently/semi-permanently.

I don't think piercings would suit me at all, and I can't think of something that's important enough to me to have displayed on my skin. For example, things I'm really interested in or passionate about are subject to change in ways. And I can't think of any symbols out there that I'd identify as "me".