Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion

Weasyl
    zhuria

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    Here's a tutorial on the basics of layers in Sai http://superfloree.deviantart.com/ar...ools-370330879
    It does look better in contrast than the previous drawing. The problem with the "indent" and the overall middle part is that you have that part looking quite flat. Though I think you didn't separate the shading layer from the color layer? Multiply only works if it's on a layer on top of the flat colors.
    Doing some pencil (if you don't have a tablet) studies of esferic objects can help you a lot. These I did in class last year: [img][img]
    I should more studies of that kind, but I'm kind focusing in another stuff right now. Either way, that should help you seeing the shadows more accurately and not pillow shading.
    Hope it helps, and go writing your paper!!! (I'm a teacher, don't procastinate, it is bad for you!)

Thanks for the tutorial. I kinda figured out most of that though :s
    I did use multiply and I did separate the shading and color. I figured out what that's supposed to be and that's what I did. :s Idunno. I did it with a mouse instead of my tablet, so it's definitely not as good as I could have made it? I'm not sure.

Esferic? Pillow shading? :C Words! Big words! Unknown words! :C I have no idea what you said. I've been watching things more carefully recently, though. I've learned almost everything I can do by watching things in real life and looking at other peoples' art.

Blehbleh :c I don't like writing papers though. Especially right after break! And on a subject I hate and suck at! :C //sigh

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 01-11-2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Okay, I switched the image to a file on imgur. Should be visible in general now.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Weasyl
    zhuria
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial. I kinda figured out most of that though :s
    I did use multiply and I did separate the shading and color. I figured out what that's supposed to be and that's what I did. :s Idunno. I did it with a mouse instead of my tablet, so it's definitely not as good as I could have made it? I'm not sure.

Esferic? Pillow shading? :C Words! Big words! Unknown words! :C I have no idea what you said. I've been watching things more carefully recently, though. I've learned almost everything I can do by watching things in real life and looking at other peoples' art.

Blehbleh :c I don't like writing papers though. Especially right after break! And on a subject I hate and suck at! :C //sigh
    Ok, quit the babbling and whining. I am trying to help here. Google the words you don't understand.
    "Esferic" was a mistake on my part, as I wanted to write: "spherical" but my spanish speaking brain got confused. Pillow shading refers to when you shade part by part, without having a set light source, and I wasn't saying you were doing that.
    You know what, we all have subjects we hate and suck at, but we have to do the job either way. It is easier to get it done before than leaving it for the last moment (I know what I'm speaking about here)
    I insist that you do some life drawings along with your furry art, you'll see improvement in no time.
    And I'll let QT do the explaining in this drawing.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    Ok, quit the babbling and whining. I am trying to help here. Google the words you don't understand.
    "Esferic" was a mistake on my part, as I wanted to write: "spherical" but my spanish speaking brain got confused. Pillow shading refers to when you shade part by part, without having a set light source, and I wasn't saying you were doing that.
    [off topic; we're not going to talk about my life and schoolwork and approach to either here]
    I insist that you do some life drawings along with your furry art, you'll see improvement in no time.
    And I'll let QT do the explaining in this drawing.
    Oy >:U You're the one who posted here. I greatly appreciate your help but if you don't like the way I interact I suggest you help someone else instead. No need to be rude about it either way. >:C

I appreciate your explanation of pillow shading but I'm quite confused about your original statement and what we have said. I made no intentional implications that I thought you said I was doing pillow shading? Never mind. :s

Mmkay. I shall try to do life drawings. :s

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I am guessing FA has an issue with hotlinking outside their site. I had to reply to your post with a quote in order to see the image.

Keep going, each picture you make is a step towards learning and improvement. The coloring isn't bad at this level, you just need to work on nailing the right value for the color you're using. This isn't easy because often you'll hear "well if the values are right, the color will be right" This isn't always the case depending on what you're trying to accomplish in a drawing. If you don't mind, I can do a paintover of your recent work to try to demonstrate what you need to work on?
    Hm :u I'll try to link the image from somewhere else in that case. Thanks for the heads up :u

Thanks ; U ; Although I'm note entirely sure what you mean by right value and right color?? I get what value is but not what youre saying. And a google search did not help in this case.

Sure! That would actually be really helpful! <:

Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    http://d.facdn.net/art/blissful.obli...dle_splits.jpg

When you get to the 403 error, highlight the link and press enter, that should work.

My main tip here would be for the line art. At the moment it looks jagged instead of smooth, and it looks sketchy in some places.
    Next time you draw line art, make sure they are smooth and well connected.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    http://d.facdn.net/art/blissful.obli...dle_splits.jpg

When you get to the 403 error, highlight the link and press enter, that should work.

My main tip here would be for the line art. At the moment it looks jagged instead of smooth, and it looks sketchy in some places.
    Next time you draw line art, make sure they are smooth and well connected.
    ... ahahaha... about that...
    Yeah I was doing that at the end and whenever I get to the end of something I tend to kinda feel burnt out and just do a crap job of it :s I promise I'll do better next time! <: I'm just kind of confused on line art over all (when where and how?) at the moment. :s

Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    ... ahahaha... about that...
    Yeah I was doing that at the end and whenever I get to the end of something I tend to kinda feel burnt out and just do a crap job of it :s I promise I'll do better next time! <: I'm just kind of confused on line art over all (when where and how?) at the moment. :s
    Always do line art in a new layer after the sketch. If you do good, clean line art it makes colouring so much easier. Its hard to learn good line work, hell, I suck at line art, but if you choose to use it doing it properly will help immensely.