Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 08-03-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    It is like that saying "Idle hands are the devil's workshop". I think it should just be "hands are the devil".

I am liking how a lot of those are turning out! YOU WILL BEAT THOSE HANDS! (does that sound dirty?)

I might suggest breaking down the hand into shapes to help out, but I don't think some people like to do it that way so it is up to you.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    It is like that saying "Idle hands are the devil's workshop". I think it should just be "hands are the devil".
    This is brilliant I like this idea

I am liking how a lot of those are turning out! YOU WILL BEAT THOSE HANDS! (does that sound dirty?)

I might suggest breaking down the hand into shapes to help out, but I don't think some people like to do it that way so it is up to you.
    I'm trying to break them down into shapes, I'm just having trouble with rotating them. Usually I do it as a square-ish thing for the back/palm, a large oval for where the thumb meets the hand, circles for the knuckles connecting the fingers to the back/palm of the hand, and then small ovals/rectangles for the parts of the fingers and thumb. I just don't quite know how to rotate the body of the hand with the shape I use and it's hard to see how the body of the hand works as just a shape because the fingers and thumb kind of obscure it. It's really confusing :s Other than that I generally try to use shape stuff yeah

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    This is brilliant I like this idea

I'm trying to break them down into shapes, I'm just having trouble with rotating them. Usually I do it as a square-ish thing for the back/palm, a large oval for where the thumb meets the hand, circles for the knuckles connecting the fingers to the back/palm of the hand, and then small ovals/rectangles for the parts of the fingers and thumb. I just don't quite know how to rotate the body of the hand with the shape I use and it's hard to see how the body of the hand works as just a shape because the fingers and thumb kind of obscure it. It's really confusing :s Other than that I generally try to use shape stuff yeah
    Dang, that is exactly how I do it and I don't have any pointers besides that. I guess just keep up the good work!

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Dang, that is exactly how I do it and I don't have any pointers besides that. I guess just keep up the good work!
    Hehe, thanks ; u ; I'll figure it out eventually. It's just kinna confusing :c Ohwell.

After I'm done with this hand study I'm gonna work on simpler things for a little while... Heads was what I was thinking :u

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 08-04-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    LIN!!! She's one of my favs, omg! You caught her badass side in this one~ -hugs her- XDD

Also great start with the hands, it's sometimes hard to buckle down and do studies like these but it'll be totally worth it down the road. + YAY, traditional! <3
    I love Lin so much x3 She has the best pissed off faces, too. It's like she's made to take no bullshit. I love Bolin too ; u ; he's such a cutie. Lin, Bolin, and Jinora are my favorites . v .

And yeee I'm now on hand 36 (woot woot). It's actually going a lot faster than I expected :U My biggest problem is getting lazy and drawing them hastily :s

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion