Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Runefox

Your very first game and console

So my memories of my childhood playing video games are pretty vivid and I was looking to spark a bit of nostalgia by asking: What was your first game, and what was your first game console?

For me, my first console was the Sega Master System. We never did get an NES until after we got a Genesis, and the Master System is what I played for the majority of my childhood. I'm not entirely sure which game was the first I played (it might very well have been Hang-On or Safari Hunt, since that was the pack-in double cart we got, similar to how Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt used to be packed in together on one cart), but the first game I was ever given was Double Dragon, which I played the crap out of for years and years.

Ahh, I still remember when I found Snail Maze hidden away in the BIOS for the first time...

Weasyl
    Vae
    The very first game and console I played was either Mrs. Pacman or Joust for the Atari 2600.

Now, the very first game and console I owned, that was actually mine, was Super Mario Bros 1 for NES when I was 2 or 3. I might have also gotten Metroid at the same time. I just know I had both of them since earlier than I can remember.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    As far back as my earliest memories go, the Atari and NES were both already there. So I could never say which was first. The games I remember most vividly from either of them is Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt respectively.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Now, the very first game and console I owned, that was actually mine, was Super Mario Bros 1 for NES when I was 2 or 3. I might have also gotten Metroid at the same time. I just know I had both of them since earlier than I can remember.
    Ahhh, that reminds me of why we got our NES; I'd won a copy of Dr. Mario in a competition for some weird video game stylized toothpaste. I couldn't even tell you what brand it was now... I remember it having a weird mosaic effect with late 80's / early 90's style colours on it, and it tasted of bubblegum. Anyway, I had a game we couldn't play and eventually my dad cracked and picked up an NES at a pawn shop. To my knowledge it still works, but I haven't seen it in years. It's been lost to time. :<

Still got my Master System though. :3

Phwoar, first game I remember playing was on my old mans commodore...cannot remember what it was though.

First proper gaming memory though is of playing Police Quest 1 by Sierra on our XT pc with a Hercules orange and black monochrome monitor.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Sega Master System! Mine came with Alexx Kidd in Miracle World built in. First cartridge I got for it was Sonic the Hedgehog, which I still enjoy more than the first Sonic on Mega Drive.

My poor first love, he met with a dire fate. My mother gave it to my cousins for a while, and when I got it back it was plastered in Spice Girls stickers :c

Also, seeing this and the Nintendo thread reminded me that my dad had the Donkey Kong game and watch back in the day...dont know where it is now though! Worth a few bucks I think.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    The first console that I can rightfully say that I owned was an Atari 2600. My uncle had a Tandy and we often played games from it as well. I was not allowed to own any consoles past the 2600, though my parents later dropped that rule with my sisters. They were always the toughest on the oldest (me). I did however, play games at various friends' homes. I ended up playing more PC games than anything else so perhaps I'm more of a PC gamer in spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    The first console that I can rightfully say that I owned was an Atari 2600. My uncle had a Tandy and we often played games from it as well. I was not allowed to own any consoles past the 2600, though my parents later dropped that rule with my sisters. They were always the toughest on the oldest (me). I did however, play games at various friends' homes. I ended up playing more PC games than anything else so perhaps I'm more of a PC gamer in spirit?
    I think we are showing our age.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.