Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Ohh, nice! I've got a pair of PC360's which are essentially 558's with a microphone attached. They're quite good. I also recommend Sennheiser Momentum; Those are great headphones and super comfy to boot.
    Sweet!
    I was actually considering going for the Momentums, but they were out of my price range. However after buying the beats solo pros, the 558's were quite enough to make me incredibly happy. The beats were uncomfortable, had horrible sound quality and the hinges were breaking after one week of normal use. So not worth the money.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    beats are like iPhones if Apple didn't know the first thing about making consumer electronics.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    beats are like iPhones if Apple didn't know the first thing about making consumer electronics.
    Oh boy do i understand that now.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Oh boy do i understand that now.
    Yeah, they look nice and sound ... Uhh... "Decent", if your definition of decent is powerful, muddy bass, but they're shoddily built and way overpriced. The only legitimately good Monster-made headphones are their Turbine earphones.

The Momentum (the larger version) is the most comfortable set of headphones I've ever worn. They're not quite circumaural, but the sound quality is amazing and the plush leather cups are so soft it's criminal. Not to mention the design is so simple it's almost impossible to destroy them. They're also extremely lightweight and god I could go on and on about those. They are pretty pricy though; I managed to get mine at about half retail thanks to staff discount where I work, which made it quite worth it.

Another pair of headphones I own is the Audio Technica ATH-M50. They're also pretty great, but I'll be honest: I haven't used them in a while, mainly because the clamping force is a bit much, the leatherette is cracked and now quite uncomfortable, and the PC360 is close enough to the sound quality that I just use it for everything. That said, they're excellent monitors for audio work.

Oh, and stay the hell away from the Sennheiser PC330 and Razer Tiamat. The first has the clamping force of a vice and the second is bulky and sounds like complete ass. As in, a pair of headphones 10% of the price would sound better.
    Last edited by Runefox; 01-06-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Yeah, they look nice and sound ... Uhh... "Decent", if your definition of decent is powerful, muddy bass, but they're shoddily built and way overpriced. The only legitimately good Monster-made headphones are their Turbine earphones.
    Oh god no. I like almost every genre of music, and the fact that the base was so powerful and the mids and highs were almost non existent made me cringe. Its amazing you could even hear voices on that thing. Needless to say i was pretty happy when the hinges went, just to return them and get a better pair.

Damn now your making me feel like I shoulda waited a bit for the momentums. However i'm certainly no audiophile, so these ones will do me fine for now.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Damn now your making me feel like I shoulda waited a bit for the momentums. However i'm certainly no audiophile, so these ones will do me fine for now.
    Well I'm gushing about them, but they are closed headphones, which means your 558's are going to have a more open sound stage. You'll find that you've got wider stereo and better positioning in games than you would with the Momentums. You might also find they're more comfortable than the Momentums due to the earcups surrounding your ears (circum-aural) rather than resting on top of them (supra-aural). Really where the Momentums shine is in mobile use, and they come with an iOS-compatible control cable with microphone along with a standard cable for that purpose (it's removable). Really as far as audio quality is concerned you're looking at diminishing returns once you hit a certain price point, and the fact that I use the PC360's when I'm at home speaks to that. I really think you're in the sweet spot; I wouldn't pay the extra to get the Momentums at retail. But if you could get them for <$200, I'd definitely recommend them.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    New CPU fan.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Walked down the liquor aisle and picked up a strongbow because of Gibby.
    Then a Crowmoor simply because I've always admired the bottle label. It's pretty and I've wanted one since I was a little kid.
    6,74e

Apple juice time today it seems.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Last thing I bought was probably a bunch of energy drinks for finals a handful of weeks ago. Amp is a godsend.

Ice cream and pop, I think.