Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, what do you do?

Weasyl
    Saga
    Back in the day I was a highchool chemistry teacher. The summers off were pretty nice and hours were too. Unfortunately, when I found out I was diagnosed with lung cancer, I had to retire early. Of course chemo costs a shit ton and being unemployed made payment more painful than the cancer in the first place. So, I met up with an old burnout student of mine and one thing led to other, placing me in a position to sell methemphetamine. With my chemistry background I could produce very high quality product, and jordan, my former student, would sell it for me. I plan on selling it myself soon though...

Quote Originally Posted by saga View Post
    back in the day i was a highchool chemistry teacher. The summers off were pretty nice and hours were too. Unfortunately, when i found out i was diagnosed with lung cancer, i had to retire early. Of course chemo costs a shit ton and being unemployed made payment more painful than the cancer in the first place. So, i met up with an old burnout student of mine and one thing led to other, placing me in a position to sell methemphetamine. With my chemistry background i could produce very high quality product, and jordan, my former student, would sell it for me. I plan on selling it myself soon though...
    omg XD

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Alright I will tell you! I have one of the worlds greatest jobs. My office has four wheel drive and lots of windows! I maintain the electronics for cellular towers in a 34,000 square mile area of the great north woods! I work with computers all day long, not while driving, and have no idea how to change the icons. I can calculate the distance to fault of a radio frequency velosimeter and the Voltage standing wave ratios of the antennas but could not explain it for love nor money. I have near a hundred certifications and diplomas but am not sure what they are all for! I love being outdoors, even in the severe colds. I would die being stuck in an office. I encounter bears, timber wolves and all manner of wild life and prefer it to many of the people I meet in this line of work. The only person I know in my real life, are my wife and children.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    I work in a restaurant, along with my three brothers. Two of whom I live with. I do washing, prep, cooking, a little of everything really. It's not that bad.

Weasyl
    i-eat-dogs
    I'm not really working now beside commissions but I used to work in a school with kids (5 years old)... watching them during the lunch time and making games for them... I go enough money now to go in class comfortably (or course I have loans too to help!)

I'm studying in 3D/ 3D animation but I'm not really sure if I wanna go there for a job, I've been discussing with my teachers and I could do game box covers, I guess it seems pretty interesting to be honest! retouching 3D pictures is already something I'm good at... but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
    I'm not really working now beside commissions but I used to work in a school with kids (5 years old)... watching them during the lunch time and making games for them... I go enough money now to go in class comfortably (or course I have loans too to help!)

I'm studying in 3D/ 3D animation but I'm not really sure if I wanna go there for a job, I've been discussing with my teachers and I could do game box covers, I guess it seems pretty interesting to be honest! retouching 3D pictures is already something I'm good at... but we'll see
    that's fun 3D is hard to start in but once you get going it's not so bad

Weasyl
    Torrijos_sama
    Assistant manager in a fast food restaurant and full-time student.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    At least now I can update from what it was that I do to Assistant Manager of "What I do".

But I still make about half of what I should.

Weasyl
    BlackStatic
    I am a lazy fatass who gets paid by the government to "draw cat people" and "sequence music".

(I'm a film/screen media student, but I can't do much in the state of transience I'm in now. I plan to go back to studying as soon as I'm settled with another course and/or a roof over my head.)

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    I'm taking college courses so that one day I'll be able to work in fast food until the day I die.