Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Care to share? It seems everyone has their own take on it, and with so many types of whiskey and coffee it'd be a shame not to!

There's something so reassuring about it. I was having lunch with my family in a delightfully rustic setting and it seemed a perfect way to cap it off.
    I can imagine. And sure thing! Since both coffee and alcoholic beverages are so dependent on individual tastes, I'd say there's no right or wrong way to make one. I got this recipe out of an old fashioned coffee cookbook. Let's see...

Serves: 1
    You will need:
    ~ 1 hefty wine goblet or similar, warmed
    ~ 2 tbsp Irish whiskey
    ~ 1 tsp brown sugar (or more, if you have a sweet tooth)
    ~ Freshly brewed strong medium or dark roast coffee
    ~ 2 tbsp heavy cream
    ~ 1 spoon
    --------
    Pour whiskey into glass first, then add the brown sugar and the spoon; pour coffee over the spoon and stir to dissolve sugar (the idea behind doing this is to better integrate the flavor of the sugar with the brew).
    Then, hold the spoon just above the level of the coffee, rounded side up, and slowly pour the cream so it floats on the surface. Don't stir; the idea is to drink the fortified coffee through the cream.
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 01-10-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Misclick! Adding recipe right now.

Weasyl
    Saiko
    I've never liked coffee any, but I do have an affinity for tea. Earl Grey and Formosa Oolong are my favorites. c:

Going on about a tangent here, but Astrid that habitRPG has a mission in the tavern where you gotta drink a cup of tea daily.
    I know I won't have any trouble with that :V

Weasyl
    Ley
    I have 17 boxes of tea.

I use my coffee maker mostly to brew tea.

I'm a monster.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    -deliciousness incarnate-
    Oh goodness yes this positively SINGS to me. For added cheekiness I'd sprinkle some chocolate over the cream, something like this can never be too delicious.

Weasyl
    Saga
    I don't usually drink coffee because i'm always afraid it'll stain them pearly whites and I can't stand the straight up coffee taste so I have to make a frankencoffee to drink it. I was very tired this morning, and I thought coffee would help so I made some. Hazelnut.
    And I put chocolate syrup in it.
    And cinnamon.
    And whipped cream.
    Used chocolate milk (made with the syrup) instead of creamer.
    Sprinkles c:
    IT WAS A GOOD MORNING

Weasyl
    Vae
    Okay, I'm just going to ask this here:

Does anyone know of any good instant iced coffee mix, besides the Starbucks kind (because it's expensive as fuck)?
    One that actually tastes like coffee instead of powdered milkshake vomit, and actually dissolves in cold water?
    Because that's the only brand that's worked for me, so far.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Fawna
    I normally dissolve a small amount of coffee and sugar in a cup of hot water, wait for it to cool and just mix that into milk and ice for iced coffee. Normally tastes pretty good!
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

A good can of Cafe du Monde, a chicory based coffee, and a beignet makes me a happy camper. Though the same could be said for a strong cup of Apple spice tea.

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Mmm enjoying an earl grey, it's been so long!
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.