Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    For citrus-y, I'd personally go with an Earl Grey. Though it's a very strong tea, there's a slight hint of citrus to it which is lovely.
    Ofcourse, you could always get a black tea with orange / lemon in it or if you want to keep it really simple and refreshing: a lemon infusion is probably the best way to go. c:
    I found a rather interesting green tea when i was out. Lemons, Lime and orange. I only got one of those little boxes. wish i bought a lot more of it. This is like the most refreshing thing I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Seeing as exams are the prime time of the year for coffee-chugging, I figured I'd share what's keeping me going through the all-nighters.
    Not sure how you guys call it, but the coffee places here call it a "Coffee the Pooh" (as in Pooh-bear), so that's the name I'm sticking too.

Basically you take your mug, add honey until the bottom of the mug is coated (or if you're not much of a sweet-tooth: add less).
    Fill the mug about 2/3 with the coffee of your choice. Add in a splash of cream and ... you're pretty much done!

Simple and tasty. :3c
    Another hot drink to work my tastes. You meanie weenie! I'll have to try and stop myself from making that tomorrow haha.

Weasyl
    spits
    chai tea is always going to be my very favorite tea. especially piping hot with a spoon of sugar and a smidge of tarty fruit like raspberry. coffee, i can drink straight black if i want a pick-me-up but i prefer fun mixtures with different flavors. probably the best i had was coffee with no milk, but rather i added just a little peach and mango syrup to it. really good stuff!

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    My bestie gifted me some of those blooming tea balls for Christmas along with a special carafe/kettle to make them in. They're really pretty, but it's just tea leaves tied to a flower.

Fun to watch bloom though!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Had a fearsome Irish coffee not 20 minutes ago. They weren't easy on the whiskey, nor the coffee. It was DELICIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarukai View Post
    Another hot drink to work my tastes. You meanie weenie! I'll have to try and stop myself from making that tomorrow haha.
    I'm great at turning people into coffee- and tea-addicts. :3c

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    My bestie gifted me some of those blooming tea balls for Christmas along with a special carafe/kettle to make them in. They're really pretty, but it's just tea leaves tied to a flower.

Fun to watch bloom though!
    Those things always looked kinda scary :c

Weasyl
    Ratte
    My favorite tea was some special kind my mom got for me as a gift: strawberry black tea. I guess she found someone on the internet/a site she uses who grows and makes their own drink teas and packets, so she got some for me. A spoonful of either honey or sugar and that's all you need. It was sweet, tasty, and pretty potent, but that didn't stop me from drinking 3-4 mugs of it daily until I ran out.

I wonder if she can show me where she got it.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by partyDog View Post
    Those things always looked kinda scary :c
    Dried up they sometimes look like legal questionables, haha

I had a dried one ready to steep in my hand and my Mum walked in and asked me "What is that", I said "ball'a weed", then proceeded to drop it in and make blooming bongwater :v We shared it, and it was good, like a nice white infusion of some sort.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Had a fearsome Irish coffee not 20 minutes ago. They weren't easy on the whiskey, nor the coffee. It was DELICIOUS.
    Oho, I'm jealous! I recently got my hands on an Irish coffee recipe that definitely does not fool around; once I get just the right kind of whiskey and a dark enough roast, you can bet I'll be making these often, heh...

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    Oho, I'm jealous! I recently got my hands on an Irish coffee recipe that definitely does not fool around; once I get just the right kind of whiskey and a dark enough roast, you can bet I'll be making these often, heh...
    Care to share? It seems everyone has their own take on it, and with so many types of whiskey and coffee it'd be a shame not to!

There's something so reassuring about it. I was having lunch with my family in a delightfully rustic setting and it seemed a perfect way to cap it off.