Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm not overly picky when it comes to tea (though picky enough to always get a certain brand ). Earl Gray's always been one of my favs, but I drink a handful of herbals too (Vanilla Rooibos atm!).

Used to drink about 1 -1.5g of black tea a day. Switched over to black coffee, ~8-12 cups a day.

I've since learned that cold-brewed coffee is much easier on me. Much less acidic and acrid (using the same grounds, I find the taste is better cold brewed than hot). Favorite blend is from Buckmaster coffee, I believe it's their "Organic Oregon" roast or something. They're a company out of the pacific NW.

Also love the vanilla earl grey from Teavana.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Takai Sakana View Post
    I've since learned that cold-brewed coffee is much easier on me. Much less acidic and acrid (using the same grounds, I find the taste is better cold brewed than hot).
    About 2/3rds less acidity from cold brew, yeah. Certain acids are dissolved with heat that doesn't really happen when the grounds are cold brewed. All I can do is cold brew, hot coffee destroys my body, I'm already super sensitive to a lot of things. Plus I like the taste better, and it doesn't go stale. I can make a giant pitcher brewed for about 12 hours and have enough coffee for quite awhile. Or if I'm lazy, I can just go to Trader Joes/Whole Foods and buy cold brewed concentrate where you just cut it with water or whatever kind of milk you drink.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Speaking of Trader Joe's, a while back I got their house brand green tea matcha mix powder, and it's pretty good. Fairly sweet, and as long as you stir it up the powder dissolves quite nicely. I foresee wanting to do all kinds of things with this (Matcha milkshake maybe?).

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/search

I've found that using slightly less than the recommended 3 tablespoons yielded a slightly lighter but no less delicious flavor (and a bit less sweet). Probably going to want to get more of this to make chilled during summer.

Apparently this post kind of died, but seeing as I'm sure there are still a lot of coffee-chuggers and tea-fiends around, I don't want to start a new thread with a similar topic.

SO.

Weasyl, tell me: what is your favorite tea to drink as the weather gets colder (or hotter, for my down-under friends)?
    Personally I'm fond of a black chai with a splash of milk. Extra spice makes it all the more comforting. <3

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    I LOVE coffee, yeah recently ive stopped adding sugar and only add cream now, now for tea i prefer that arizona tea and lemonade stuff
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

I drink mostly coffee, though I'll switch to tea int he evening. One pot lasts me the day, and I drink it black, no sugar. I prefer buying whole beans and grinding them as I need them. I usually buy President's Choice beans, and prefer some sort of medium roast, though once in a while I'll splurge o the fancier stuff. For tea, it's usually Earl Grey or Orange Pekoe, or some herbal tea when I want something hot without caffeine.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I chug non sweet ice tea by the gallon. (lipton)
    I used to LOVE coffee but due to getting less than 4 hours of sleep a day from my exceptionally pain in the ass job and having my first kid I now start to gag at the mere smell of coffee.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Just try this some time if you're getting bored of your normal coffee, whatever the type of coffee is. Just add maple syrup. Kinda like with adding honey to tea I really can't tell you how much, you just gotta keep adding a bit 'til you find the sweetness you want but it's really nice. I just tried this for the hell of it last night with some black coffee and then opted not to bother with milk because it was that pleasant. Helped my cough a bit too. Call the drink Black Maple or something. Smoke a peanut butter flavored blunt for added effect or just a cigar or cigarette if that's what you smoke.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I mostly get my coffee from the machine at work as it makes 20 something different coffee drinks with the push of a button. None of them are that strong or good though. If I had a long night and absolutely need something before I hit the road I have a cup of Black Rifle Coffee Company's Caffeinated as F**k blend which makes the sun shine and the birds sing and me not crash. This coupled with a thermos of Irish Breakfast tea and who needs sleep. On the weekends green tea, black tea, Arnold Palmers and southern style sweet tea...eh most tea is pretty good actually, but those are what I keep on hand. I keep various cans of Peace Tea and Irish breakfast tea bags at work also as I have been cutting back on soda.