Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #181
    Ooh, this thread got bumped back up, sweet; thanks Twopaw. Coincidental because I just got back home from doing errands, and picked up this awesome iced coffee from a local joint near my home. Sipping it as I type!

Also, I've been super into loose leaf rooibos tea lately; I mix it with a bit of jasmine because my tea ball's holes are too big, so it helps keep too much from filtering out into the pot itself. The result is pretty awesome, though. Experimental blends are fun.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Dood. I love making a good cuppa tea. Earl grey, Darjeeling, Irish breakfast, is what I usually have on hand. Turning on that kettle on the stove is practically the first thing I do when I wake up, after having a pee, lol.

Cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Ooh, this thread got bumped back up, sweet; thanks Twopaw. Coincidental because I just got back home from doing errands, and picked up this awesome iced coffee from a local joint near my home. Sipping it as I type!.
    Hee, most welcome! ^_^ I'm definitely a coffee achiever on a regular basis, so I dig! I've debated expanding my particular 'stable' of ground coffees (to be made in a percolator, as opposed to instant); there's a brand here called 'Kicking Horse' that I've heard good things about from some of my more high-budget local chums, and i know it's available at the grocery I usually visit. They have a house brand of ground coffee (and a mill in the store, as you can buy roasted beans and grind them yourselves at home, but I don't do that myself) that I haven't tried, although the advantage there is that I could buy enough for one or two pots (I'm a strong brew & strong caffeine pup) instead of a huge tin, assuming I don't end up liking it.

-2Paw.
    Last edited by Twopaw; 04-14-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Ack, doubled the '2Paw'. ^_^

Ooh, this thread got bumped back up, sweet; thanks Twopaw. Coincidental because I just got back home from doing errands, and picked up this awesome iced coffee from a local joint near my home. Sipping it as I type!

Also, I've been super into loose leaf rooibos tea lately; I mix it with a bit of jasmine because my tea ball's holes are too big, so it helps keep too much from filtering out into the pot itself. The result is pretty awesome, though. Experimental blends are fun.
    Hey, I had the same problem with my tea ball and loose leaf rooibos. I solved it by dipping the ball in water first, the surface tension keeps the holes plugged so that the leaves can't really get in the cup. It's pretty effective, but obviously not a 100% solution. At least it gives you a full rooibos experience.

Last edited by Kringg; 04-16-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Weasyl
    t_iii
    I'd say 95% of what I drink is tea. The other 5% are the rare occasions when I have a cold drink. The one place that I can't drink tea and instead order hot chocolate are coffee shops - particularly Starbucks where their tea tastes of coffee and it's utterly vile.

I've never developed a taste for fancy flavoured tea, and instead prefer a nice cup of black tea, no milk, 2-3 sugars depending on the size of the cup (and considering that my cup of choice holds over a litre of strong black tea I think that's probably a reasonable amount of sugar). Oh, and Tetleys is my tea of choice.

I'm also a card carrying member of the First Tea Company, a totally fictional military organisation revolving around tea, which currently has a marching band and other 1000 members. And the card is actually a real physical ID card given to me by the First Tea Lord himself. He also does a really nice recruitment poster.

The most horrifying things that I've ever heard were;
    1) A fellow Englishman telling me that he detested tea.
    2) Someone telling me that they make tea in a microwave.
    3) When I found out that people intentionally drink cold tea (with ice no less!).
    4) When I discovered that people put balls of tapioca in their tea. Tapioca was that vile stuff they used to serve in school meals... I just don't get it.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #187
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Hey, I had the same problem with my tea ball and loose leaf rooibos. I solved it by dipping the ball in water first, the surface tension keeps the holes plugged so that the leaves can't really get in the cup. It's pretty effective, but obviously not a 100% solution. At least it gives you a full rooibos experience.
    Forgot to mention that I tried this. It helped a bit, but I really need to get a fine mesh tea ball or something. Anyone have any suggestions on quality products?

I can barely handle coffee, unless it has plenty of cream and sugar (or Bailey's and Kahlua ) in it. Even then, it usually makes my stomach hurt. My husbando on the other hand loooooves coffee. He makes his in either a coffee maker or in a French press, depending on how convenient he wants it (or if we're out of coffee filters haha). He also drinks a lot of bad coffee at work to get him through the day.

Hubby drinks tea sometimes when he's sick, but I'm the tea drinker in the family haha. I make mine with a kettle, and I have both loose-leaf and bag tea varieties. The best tea I have is this Golden Dragon Chrysanthemum Pu-erh tea, a loose leaf tea that comes in this pretty tin container. I also have a tea I like called Lady Londonderry, which you can get online at the English Tea Store. Other than those, Chai black tea is my favorite, hands-down. I usually steep it the lazy way in hot water, rather than the "hard way" with milk and time and love.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention that I tried this. It helped a bit, but I really need to get a fine mesh tea ball or something. Anyone have any suggestions on quality products?
    Sorry for the double-post, I just caught this question. Finum makes some really great disposable and permanent filters. The disposable ones are just empty tea bags that you can fill, and the permanent ones are baskets that can either sit in your tea cup or sit in your tea pot while you wait for it to brew. There are other companies that make good tea filters, both disposable and permanent, but Finum is my favorite.
    Last edited by Nattles; 04-21-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: woah, i didn't realize that double-posting merged your posts. Awesome!

Weasyl
    crazy-luna
    I many drink green tea anything that is traditional. I am not a big coffee drinker but when I do drink coffee it is in an ice cap from Tims or a java chip from Starbucks.
    Sleep, tea, art + insanity

I am dyslexic and I am sorry if I ever miss spell something

I have a Cabnit in my kitchen filled with all sorts of tea, and I drink whatever, depending on my mood