Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Agree that there definitely needs to be more space between paragraphs, so that it looks the same as it did before.
    website | blog | FurAffinity | Amazon | Goodreads | Smashwords | Twitter

Weasyl
    WildOak
    This is probably the same thing catwithpen is talking about, but I can't see the screenshot she linked to (says I don't have access to it because I'm not a friend),
    Whoops, I made them friends-only so as to not annoy the general populace of weasyl with "testing testing" submissions. I have made them public now.

I've also just noticed that my profile information is ignoring the formatting. I've gone in and tried to edit it, and everything seems to be in order, however it's still being shown all jumbled up and no links or formatting are working.

What can I do to fix this?

Weasyl
    N/A
    And here I thought I was just being dumb :I

Edit: just checked my submission and it's displaying correctly! What even.
    Last edited by Krespo; 01-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Weasyl
    WildOak
    Mine is good now as well. Thank you!

Mine is fixed, as well!
    That's what she said!

I don't know whether this is something else related to the Markdown change, but I just noticed that now, when you view a text submission, the lines of text are stretched all the way across the screen, instead of being a much narrower width like they were before. It was a lot easier on the eyes the old way, so I'm wondering if this was intentionally changed or something that inadvertently happened with the switch, that could be changed back...?

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Aw man if only there were some helpful online tools for formatting your story into HTML for smoother uploading.

But yeah it's a pain in the ass. From what I know of these things (since I've come across this problem at every lit site I've ever been to), the big issue is that most text editors are not a "what you see is what you get" entity. MS Word changes quotations and commas, line breaks, and indents with it's own custom handling, so it doesn't translate over too well. Even Wordpad and the likes can be funny with their line breaks.

As for the particular files, I find PDF is the absolute best way to upload to Weasyl if you don't like the cut and paste method. Usually MS Word will export to PDF. Oh also you can add illustrations and such to stories in PDF so that's cool too.

I'm talking about the way the site is now displaying submissions that were already uploaded months ago, though, and looked fine then. In this case, it isn't about weird formatting from the file itself.

Weasyl
    WildOak
    I just looked at some of my writing. Yeah, I also like the old way better. Having a little bit of padding around the backdrop looks nice, and makes it easier to read.