Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We've Moved On

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    You know, if I could somehow "Favorite" a forum thread, this would be it. I know that is not a terribly constructive thing for me to add, but it's honest and genuine at least.

I was never a part of this recent debacle, and being a 5-year veteran of that old forum I've seen more than a few (not many old "Holegans" around these days...), and after a particularly major social shakedown a few years ago I never really had much of a presence there, which I find was for the best. I haunted at most, and generally stuck to the art threads, but I did observe enough. I've also heard enough solid hearsay from what happened recently (screencaps are a beautiful thing.), so I do know what caused this, and personally I think the exodus was well-founded and a perfectly reasonable reaction. Hell, I'd be more distressed if there wasn't one and every forum-goer was content with that new... status quo. If you could call it that.

I settled into Weasyl and its forum back when it was a more closed community and have been active ever since, and for a while it was nice, but I was always saddened by the lack of activity and dedication to an artsite that obviously had very dedicated and receptive moderators themselves. I've seen 'em come and go, but I didn't want this one to, especially since it encompasses more than just one subculture this time around. When more people came in when they opened beta, and then during FA's site outage, and then this, I was hopeful each time that this site could finally start to flourish. I'd hate to see all this built-up momentum turn into inertia again, and for such bitter reasons...

Which is why I couldn't agree more with your post; I don't think it's necessary for me to add anything this time around.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    My slight annoyance with it all is how much people are exclaiming how they've been so wronged by the site, how the admins are and just how poor the site runs. And yet, are we just going to use this site as a soapbox/temp ground just to head on back to that site? The commmunity is all I cared for, but we have that right here, right now on a better site, imo. Why throw that all away to drown ourselves in our past frustrations all over again? Unless one is sadist, there is no other logical reasons.
    You're right though, there isn't any real reason to bother too much about FAF once we're comfy here.

But we've only just got here. So it's really difficult to not expect people to congregate and talk about FAF upon their arrival especially when they're moving here in droves.

So it'll die down in its own time. People are already talking about other things in other threads, so, yeah, worry not, people are starting to focus on that and they will continue to do so until nobody really bothers mentioning the other site.

Just like probably everyone here, I don't want to see this being used as FA H8 KLUB like a lot of refugee forums that get set up.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    You're right though, there isn't any real reason to bother too much about FAF once we're comfy here.

But we've only just got here. So it's really difficult to not expect people to congregate and talk about FAF upon their arrival especially when they're moving here in droves.

So it'll die down in its own time. People are already talking about other things in other threads, so, yeah, worry not, people are starting to focus on that and they will continue to do so until nobody really bothers mentioning the other site.

Just like probably everyone here, I don't want to see this being used as FA H8 KLUB like a lot of refugee forums that get set up.
    I mentioned that that was to be expected and I encouraged that a thread be made to discuss said frustrations and vent, despite it being a little odd for the staff here. What I'm frowning on is that these discussions are indeed leakinginto other topics iI've viewed around the site.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I mentioned that that was to be expected and I encouraged that a thread be made to discuss said frustrations and vent, despite it being a little odd for the staff here. What I'm frowning on is that these discussions are indeed leakinginto other topics iI've viewed around the site.
    Yeah, that's pretty terrible.

But if it's worth anything, I'll be doing my best to stay on-topic. It's not exactly difficult, after all.

I don't like how this thread implies you can only use of of the forums.
    I know I'll be here, but I will also keep a foot in faf just to be safe in case these forums die again, and to see how things go in faf.
    There's plenty of Coffee to go around.
    And, I don't know what you mean by "we agreed to never look back"
    I never said that.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Can I still call that place Fluffy, Jersey Shore or Castlevania though?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    It seems funny to declare a forum war? Honestly tho I am happy to move on. It is one thing to be banned but since there is a known animal abuser at the head is where I can say enough is enough.

Doesn't mean one cannot go back there but I am tired of pushing aside something like that. It means that is acceptable and is ok to overlook because you are used to talking on a forum.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I don't like how this thread implies you can only use of of the forums.
    I know I'll be here, but I will also keep a foot in faf just to be safe in case these forums die again, and to see how things go in faf.
    There's plenty of Coffee to go around.
    And, I don't know what you mean by "we agreed to never look back"
    I never said that.
    My wording could've been better for some things said here, but being on a cellphone and typing on a limoted lunch schedule, I made due with what I could. Perhaps it could've said that better, however my question still remains; Why go back to such a place? My wording was poor and you're rifht, it's wrong to restrict yourself only to one forum, but I still ask, ehy go back to such a place period?
    Last edited by Toshabi; 01-02-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Weasyl
    Signy
    Am I the only one who has this insatiable urge to link a bunch of 'how to let go of your ex' and 'moving on after a bad relationship' articles?

Quote Originally Posted by Calligraphy View Post
    Am I the only one who has this insatiable urge to link a bunch of 'how to let go of your ex' and 'moving on after a bad relationship' articles?
    The first cut is the deepest
    Baby I know the first cut is the deepest
    But when it come to being lucky she's cursed
    When it come to loving me she's the worst