Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We've Moved On

Weasyl
    Toshabi

We've Moved On

This is a rant. A small one. I didn't see any other forum section to put this more aptly in, so this section will have to do. If there is a better section this is more suitable for, please move it.

I want to first give my sincere thanks to the Weasyl staff for all their hard work they put into this great site. I know it's just about everything I could ever ask for from an artsite. My regrets for putting off my active enrollment in this site is plentiful, but with the new year, I plan to change that. I would also like to thank the forum staff for allowing what they've allowed so far in regards to people venting. It would be understandable for any site to simply stop drama from another site from getting their forum sections run amuck with said discussion. But you've allowed us to vent about our frustrations about our past experiences with our former site, and because of that I thank you.

Now, my rant is in regards to us new folk. We're all very frustrated with what happened on our abandoned site. The whole thing still annoys me to some degree, but it was to be expected from how the leader of that site has dealt with things in the past. When we left (whether by choice or by getting banned), we agreed that we were doing so with no intent of ever looking back. With what has happened, who could blame us? We set our sights for Weasyl, which has proven to be for the better of it all. We settled down here and understandably, we've made our frustrations with said past site noticed to all who might've been apart of such unfair treatment. It's understandable to vent because it makes you feel better about it all.

All of this is alright in my mind but a few things.

1. Planning On Trying To Change Our Past Home- I know you miss our old site. I know it sucks to see a place that held such good memories be changed into something vile and toxic by poor staff appointment and poor handlings of people's concerns and complaints about said changes. But can we call it fair for us to come into this house (Weasyl), make a plan of attack here and head back into the fray at our old site? Do you think this site is a temporary holding grounds until the storm blows over? I think planning to return after what's happened is a great disservice not only to yourself, but to the Weasyl staff.

2. We've Moved On- When we said "We've moved on", that means we ain't ever going back. I know some people show great dissatisfaction over the recent debacles of our past site. I know we've been talking about what changes need to happen in that site, but the truth of the matter is, that battle has been fought before. Things won't change there and you know that. Instead of focusing so much on what changes need to happen there, we should focus more on settling down in comfortably in our new community.

3. Letting Go- I'm already seeing our past affairs finding their ways into multiple topics around here. We need to let go already and quit paying any attention to our past home. The controversy is fun to discuss, but we have topics dedicated to that already. There's no need to force such an ugly topic into other productive topics around the forum that don't even have connections to our past. When we bring it up in every topic, we're only turning Weasyl into a soapbox for frustrated past members and not making Weasyl out to be what it's suppose to be: A community for artists of all types.

I feel a bit as though I'm bringing up this topic too early, but I'd rather make my thoughts on all of this clear before I continue participating in this community. That and I'm already seeing the (understandable) hatred of our past site pour into other topics. My hopes is to ensure that this doesn't continue to happen.

This rant was made ona smart phone, grammar errors and spelling errors are to be expected.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I think the FAF hate is only a shorter-term thing, but I have this feeling that people are gonna head back over when/if their bans are lifted.

I'm not banned at all, but I don't see any problem whatsoever in being all bi on this site.

So far this is going fairly nicely anyway. FAF has always been a warzone with the occasional ceasefire, but here it's not the case. I mean, the art section seems to be getting on a lot better as a starter.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    well put, Toshabi!
    I like the freshness that this site and forums bring. TBH I became so consumed with our old site that I had forgotten I had an account on the mainsite and how great it can be. And I agree with you; lets not bring in crap from the past, what happened at the old site stays at the old site. Yeah I do kinda miss the old place, but I was able to make some awesome friends whom I am able to talk to here. All's well that ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think the FAF hate is only a shorter-term thing, but I have this feeling that people are gonna head back over when/if their bans are lifted.

I'm not banned at all, but I don't see any problem whatsoever in being all bi on this site.

So far this is going fairly nicely anyway. FAF has always been a warzone with the occasional ceasefire, but here it's not the case. I mean, the art section seems to be getting on a lot better as a starter.
    Agreed!
    Also, Tosh: apologies for not having a more eloquent reply to your well-written thread but I agree with you.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Well said, Toshi. I agree, it's better to have loved and lost than to moan about losing it all the time.
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Pine
    I don't really think it's as much as FAF than the actions that are going on involving the management.
    I'll still go back here and there after my ban is lifted, but I've started to find hope here at WF, especially after this sudden burst of user activity.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

My slight annoyance with it all is how much people are exclaiming how they've been so wronged by the site, how the admins are and just how poor the site runs. And yet, are we just going to use this site as a soapbox/temp ground just to head on back to that site? The commmunity is all I cared for, but we have that right here, right now on a better site, imo. Why throw that all away to drown ourselves in our past frustrations all over again? Unless one is sadist, there is no other logical reasons.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I feel a bit as though I'm bringing up this topic too early, but I'd rather make my thoughts on all of this clear before I continue participating in this community. That and I'm already seeing the (understandable) hatred of our past site pour into other topics. My hopes is to ensure that this doesn't continue to happen.
    No, you're right to bring it up now. Weasyl should be used for the fantastic site it is rather than a venting ground for an old one. I've made it clear how I feel about everything in the relevant topics, but would rather focus on trying to make new (and dare I say interesting) content.

Listen to Toshi, people. We can make a new and better online community, or we can mire ourselves with a hateful and bitter attitude from the get-go.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach

Weasyl
    Percy
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    My slight annoyance with it all is how much people are exclaiming how they've been so wronged by the site, how the admins are and just how poor the site runs. And yet, are we just going to use this site as a soapbox/temp ground just to head on back to that site? The commmunity is all I cared for, but we have that right here, right now on a better site, imo. Why throw that all away to drown ourselves in our past frustrations all over again? Unless one is sadist, there is no other logical reasons.
    I think I'm going to devote more of my time here than to FAF. I'm not done with FAF, though, and I haven't been wronged by it. Obviously I don't support the new changes to the website, but I'm not giving it up unless something truly drastic happens there.