Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard

Music furs, what songs are you learning?

What songs are you currently working your backside off to perfect? What instrument are you wrecking your hands upon?

I'm working on Critical Acclaim by A7X on guitar myself, and afterwards will be moving onto A Little Piece Of Heaven.
    Last edited by RainWizard; 01-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    N/A
    Brian May - '39. The song itself isn't difficult, but I'm still trying to teach myself to play and sing at the same time (why so hard multitasking WHY)

William Ackerman - The Bricklayer's Beautiful Daughter. This is too pretty not to learn c:

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Matt
    I'm not a fur, but I don't think the point of this thread was to appeal a specific subsection of the board alone, so I'm going to reply too. I could be wrong, though. I've probably been wrong before. There's a potential, at least.

However, I am trying to learn Linus and Lucy on keyboard and Sgt. Baker on drums. They both seem super fun to play once you get them down.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    I have nothing to learn lately, I have to write for an album, I learn the odd riff from John Mayer tunes and just play with tunings at the mo. When its over I'd love to focus on some post hardcore again.
    I was learning an emarosa tune for a vocal cover but I've been sidetracked. :c

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I, uh. I'm not what you'd call particularly musical, but...

I've been trying to learn to sing "The Unified Field" without sounding like a tone-deaf goat because that song makes me happy. :<

I'd really like to be even a halfway-decent singer at some point. We'll see if that actually happens.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    When its over I'd love to focus on some post hardcore again.
    Okay, seriously, we need to team up. We shall destroy the furry music scene!
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    I, uh. I'm not what you'd call particularly musical, but...

I've been trying to learn to sing "The Unified Field" without sounding like a tone-deaf goat because that song makes me happy. :<

I'd really like to be even a halfway-decent singer at some point. We'll see if that actually happens.
    Do it :U You can do it yes have faith :U

I'm doing okay with working on not doing so well with utterly failing at Paganini's Caprice No 24 (although so far I have only managed to attempt the theme and first four variations), as well as sort of trying the Presto movement of Bach's Sonata No 1. (all that is violin shiz)
    I'm also sort of messing around with Ravel's Menuet sur le nom d'Haydn on piano <:

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    Okay, seriously, we need to team up. We shall destroy the furry music scene!
    You're a post hardcore fan? I haven't even met any in this area (except those already in bands, and those bands have supported pierce the veil, dance gavin dance and killswitch.. One is off to SXSW this year.)

I'm surprised our kind still exists! Happy though!

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    You're a post hardcore fan? I haven't even met any in this area (except those already in bands, and those bands have supported pierce the veil, dance gavin dance and killswitch.. One is off to SXSW this year.)

I'm surprised our kind still exists! Happy though!
    Hell yes! One of my favourite bands is Post-Hardcore (Escape The Fate). Not nearly enough of it on these shores, it's all in America "/

Weasyl
    Sonata
    I am currently learning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww8wqEgFIA8] May It Be by Enya. Enya is such a gorgeous singer and I love her music to bits. I love this song because Lord of the Rings and it's absolutely beautiful.
    VuV I am hoping to sing a cover for this song.