Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    Maybe you've already watched these, but they've helped me a lot with gesture drawing (I have to go back almost everyday to these videos as I seem to forget all I learnt the day before), hope they help you:
    http://www.proko.com/how-to-draw-gesture/
    http://www.proko.com/the-bean/
    Loving the framed golem concept!
    I've just watched the two videos and also took a look at the pose-references they have on-site.
    Loving it! Thank you so much for sharing these. <3

Zhuria, I have done an entire page of bean-sketchings (which still need scanning) and I've been using it to build up my figures rather than the sphere-method. Loads of thanks, my poses already look better. c:

And I now bring you: NSFW sketches.
    Really messy sketches, even. So please feel free to redline, give me pointers and constructive critique!

Phwoar! Very nice...

I like the passion of the second one...instinctively I keep thinking something is not right about the dude...like maybe we should be seeing a bit more of him than the straight profile. I think the problem is arising from his lower half, specifically the ass/upper thigh area.

I think the top one is very cute as well. The pear shape of the body is a nice touch.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Let me tell you I was not expecting those to appear on my dashboard. XD
    Good job on them, though I do agree with Tiamat that the dude seems a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Phwoar! Very nice...

I like the passion of the second one...instinctively I keep thinking something is not right about the dude...like maybe we should be seeing a bit more of him than the straight profile. I think the problem is arising from his lower half, specifically the ass/upper thigh area.

I think the top one is very cute as well. The pear shape of the body is a nice touch.
    Thanks! The top one is one that turned out great, save for the kind-of-weird face (expression-sketches are being worked on).
    As for the second one: I reckon that the more I practice anatomy, the more I'll be able to get poses with two people in them completely right. The one issue I noticed I was having, though, was the fact that I keep visually "mixing" the two bodes, so after a while I couldn't quite see where what was supposed to go.

How do you do poses like this and have you got any tips or tricks, perhaps? c:

Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    Let me tell you I was not expecting those to appear on my dashboard. XD
    Good job on them, though I do agree with Tiamat that the dude seems a little off.
    Whoops, my apologies! I always forget that the people following my art-blog may not be used to seeing NSFW from me. :'D
    And thanks! I already typed out why I think this is the case, so tips and tricks on doing poses like this: more than welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    How do you do poses like this and have you got any tips or tricks, perhaps? c:
    Nah not really. References, coupled with knowledge gained from studies and drawing both figures fully, even when they are overlapped so their hidden areas don't suffer or vanish.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Whoops, my apologies! I always forget that the people following my art-blog may not be used to seeing NSFW from me. :'D
    And thanks! I already typed out why I think this is the case, so tips and tricks on doing poses like this: more than welcome!
    Hehe no problem.

Weasyl
    zhuria
    Zhuria, I have done an entire page of bean-sketchings (which still need scanning) and I've been using it to build up my figures rather than the sphere-method. Loads of thanks, my poses already look better. c:

And I now bring you: NSFW sketches.
    Really messy sketches, even. So please feel free to redline, give me pointers and constructive critique!
    Glad the videos were helpful ^w^
    I really like the second sketch, try refining it a bit more and if you're drawing digital, try doing them in separate layers with separate colors. Photo references help too, as tiamat said.

Weasyl
    marzipan
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this already but I really enjoy the energy in your lines and sketches, they're great!

Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    Glad the videos were helpful ^w^
    I really like the second sketch, try refining it a bit more and if you're drawing digital, try doing them in separate layers with separate colors. Photo references help too, as tiamat said.
    I think I may refine the second sketch, but I'm leaning more towards starting all over with proper reference images of a similar pose.
    Thank you, though! C:

Quote Originally Posted by Marzipan View Post
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this already but I really enjoy the energy in your lines and sketches, they're great! :D
    Thank you so much! :D
    I always worry about my sketches being too stiff, so this is really nice to hear.