Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Lovin' the gestures. Keep posting more!

Weasyl
    zhuria
    I guess you're having the same problem I had (and still have) when trying to draw gesture, it gets really hard for me to do it without focusing in the contours.
    What I did to fix it, is starting with the step by step guide Proko has on gesture, and draw along him, and then jump to gesture with pixelovely or any other website.
    Your 30s gestures look great though, as well as the beans!
    Keep on practicing!

Quote Originally Posted by lanternlovers View Post
    Lovin' the gestures. Keep posting more!
    I'll definitely keep posting more of them as I practice them. And goodness me, do I need the practice! :'D

Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    I guess you're having the same problem I had (and still have) when trying to draw gesture, it gets really hard for me to do it without focusing in the contours.
    What I did to fix it, is starting with the step by step guide Proko has on gesture, and draw along him, and then jump to gesture with pixelovely or any other website.
    Your 30s gestures look great though, as well as the beans!
    Keep on practicing!
    Yep, I tend to get so caught up in trying to get a perfectly done anatomy-sketch on the paper that I just "short-circuit" and frantically try to scratch away with the pencil until it resembles something human.

I did do a step-for step with he video playing (the figure with the fist up on the second page is from the video), but I think it also comes down to the fact that ths is my first, proper gesture-practice in .... years. Since I first started drawing, even. I'm still a newbie when it comes to that aspect of drawing, so I greatly appreciate the tips! :D

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    The beans, I don't understand them!

Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    The beans, I don't understand them!
    They're based on this video that Zhuria suggested. c:

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    They're based on this video that Zhuria suggested. c:
    Cool, I may have to try that.

Also, I've been wanting to say that last thing since I saw your tumblr post. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel
    I'm pretty happy with how those 'beans' turned out, but my gestures are ... something, alright.
    I noticed I tended to chickenscratch and scramble on the shorter gestures, focusing on form out of habit, rather than looking for the lines. I reckon this is something that gets better with practice?
    I don't think theres anything wrong with that. Sketches, sketchy lines, they have their place. Especially in energetic quick studies. Keep that pencil loose and light in your grip and focus on that form. Scratch is only an issue for some artists if they turn in "finished" line work and lack the confidence for a clean final result.