Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hardrockangel's Sketchbook

Last edited by Hardrockangel; 01-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Yes, I agree with the habit of sketching every day! Remember though; an artist's greatest weapon is as much his or her mind as their drawing hand is, so don't forget to exercise your creativity while you're at it!

That first sketch is adorable, by the way; looking forward to see what kind of development yours (and everyone else's) sketchbook will show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    Yes, I agree with the habit of sketching every day! Remember though; an artist's greatest weapon is as much his or her mind as their drawing hand is, so don't forget to exercise your creativity while you're at it!

That first sketch is adorable, by the way; looking forward to see what kind of development yours (and everyone else's) sketchbook will show this year.
    It's sadly a habit I always tend to forget to form or I start with a bang and then throughout the year it kind of peters out.
    A large part of it is lacking the inspiration to draw, so your advice for flexing the creative muscle and not just my drawing hand is good advice! c:

Thank you very much, to! It'll be interesting to see how everyone's sketchbook will look at the end of the year in retrospect, which is another reason to keep the boot behind my ... erm, 'behind' to keep this thread updated.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Sketching daily is swell and all, but short breaks can be just as important!

Nice draw, by the way. Oh-so-cutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Sketching daily is swell and all, but short breaks can be just as important!

Nice draw, by the way. Oh-so-cutes.
    The problem is I take long breaks and then feel like I should draw something, only to put it off again because life. Because university. Because stuff. Because tired.
    So this is pretty much my way of telling myself "Get drawing, you git!". :D

And thank you very much!

While the second one is more dynamic, the first reads nice and clear. What worries me about the second one is the possible tangents created by the sofa and its occupant. Its tricky I know, especially for a scene like this. Watch out for 'kissing' shapes like the two paws nearly touching in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    While the second one is more dynamic, the first reads nice and clear. What worries me about the second one is the possible tangents created by the sofa and its occupant. Its tricky I know, especially for a scene like this. Watch out for 'kissing' shapes like the two paws nearly touching in the center.
    Would moving the character on the right a bit more to the right help with that?
    There's also some bottles that need to be added still, but I don't want to overwork the piece.

Hmmm it might...hard to say. Overlap is both good and bad. Gonna have to experiment with that one I think.

But I found a link to a thread with illustrated examples on dealing with tangents in art and cartoons. Was reminded of it when I was looking at your image, I hope it helps.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=258826

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    Hmmm it might...hard to say. Overlap is both good and bad. Gonna have to experiment with that one I think.

But I found a link to a thread with illustrated examples on dealing with tangents in art and cartoons. Was reminded of it when I was looking at your image, I hope it helps.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=258826
    Thank you for the link!
    When I do the detailed sketch, I'll post the image here as well. When I sketch out each character, I can play around with their placing a bit. c: