Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cool, man celtic knots are fun to draw but they are also a pain in the butt (especially if you dont erase everything and go to ink, suddenly it all like, Noooooooooooooo omfg noooooooo xD
    I'll be looking forward to seeing it progress, I am sure he will love it!

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Cool, man celtic knots are fun to draw but they are also a pain in the butt (especially if you dont erase everything and go to ink, suddenly it all like, Noooooooooooooo omfg noooooooo xD
    I'll be looking forward to seeing it progress, I am sure he will love it!
    When I first started getting into them years ago, I would start to ink them before my sketch lines were 100% finalized, so that pattern of "over, under, over, under" would almost always get messed up. I do pretty much all of my stuff on a grid now (which is what I should have been doing initially, but I didn't know any better back then). Of course, doing freehand knotwork on a character is an entirely different story.

He does actually love it so far; considering this character used to be "generic snake guy" and has now turned into this, we're both a lot happier with how much better he fits into the story. I've found that good character design can make or break how much you want to develop and write about them.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    When I first started getting into them years ago, I would start to ink them before my sketch lines were 100% finalized, so that pattern of "over, under, over, under" would almost always get messed up. I do pretty much all of my stuff on a grid now (which is what I should have been doing initially, but I didn't know any better back then). Of course, doing freehand knot work on a character is an entirely different story.

He does actually love it so far; considering this character used to be "generic snake guy" and has now turned into this, we're both a lot happier with how much better he fits into the story. I've found that good character design can make or break how much you want to develop and write about them.
    Interesting, I dont use a grid but not I colour the line which is overrrtop so I don't mess up when I do the inking step. Not sure a grid would work for me but maybe I'll try it.

I totally get that, make something generic into something one of a kind. You've got to be pleased with that!

PS: thanks for the tip on using the knife, its much easier then wrecking my pencils in the sharpeners and much cheaper then the $70 sharpener. I use it now but haven't had much chance to do pencil crayon work yet.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 11-29-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 03-21-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    i seriously regret missing out on this thread for so long. I absolutely love seeing the structure of your pieces. Especially the ink work for that last post. I love how clean your ink work looks.