Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Toshabi echoes how I feel as well. I actually keep a sketchbook and pen next to my bed. Ink is unforgiving, but the results are very sublime when they work.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

Hey its Rilvor! That image gave me a serious Ian Miller feel. Have you heard of Ian Miller? He's a very stylistic ink artist who did a shit-ton of work in the fantasy industry mainly in the 80s.

Check this shiz out

http://www.ian-miller.org/category/portfolio/

Your latest images are -really- impressive. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it and keep studying.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Hey its Rilvor! That image gave me a serious Ian Miller feel. Have you heard of Ian Miller? He's a very stylistic ink artist who did a shit-ton of work in the fantasy industry mainly in the 80s.

Check this shiz out

http://www.ian-miller.org/category/portfolio/

Your latest images are -really- impressive. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it and keep studying.
    Yep, it's that bastard! I draw his characters almost as much as I do mine (I help create and concept them a lot as well) so expect more of that in the future.

Also yeah I have heard of Miller; I remember seeing a piece of his that he did back in...I want to say the 80s. A friend of mine in the technical college I was going to showed me. I completely forgot about his work till you mentioned it. Thanks a ton for the link! His ink work is beyond brilliant and is huge inspiration for the work I eventually want to do. The way he does organic lines is just...whoa.

Edit: After taking some time looking through his pages I actually found that piece in question: http://www.ian-miller.org/easy-money/ Trippy.

I've been busy working but scanning very little, so sadly I don't have anything recent to post here right now but I'll try to fix that later this week with some stuff I haven't uploaded yet.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 01-30-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    As always I adore your work, simply amazing.

I used to do a lot of work with ball point pens lol. Mainly in school at a desk, they were wicked fun and like you say I loved the feel, as if it was like a pencil. You can make some awesome stuff with them but most people don't see them as a drawing tool. I think its why I stopped actually, my art teacher did not approve
    The things you can do with them are amazing, it makes me wish I never stopped using them to draw...
    Anyways, overall very cool artwork!

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    I used to do a lot of work with ball point pens lol. Mainly in school at a desk, they were wicked fun and like you say I loved the feel, as if it was like a pencil. You can make some awesome stuff with them but most people don't see them as a drawing tool. I think its why I stopped actually, my art teacher did not approve
    The things you can do with them are amazing, it makes me wish I never stopped using them to draw...
    Anyways, overall very cool artwork!
    That's a shame, but on one hand I can see where your art teacher is coming from; ballpoint is a great medium to play around with and do experimental work, but (at least from my experiences with the few art classes I took) the work usually calls for cleaner, more well-defined lines that you'd get with a felt pen or pigment liner. Ballpoints comparatively fall short when it comes to clean linework, hah.

Here's a quick thing I decided to scan; a character idea that appeared in her entirety in a dream I had last night. Felt like sketching her up today, since I've been feeling pretty horrid. The quality is abysmal since it's copier paper and as you can see, I destroy copier paper. I do all of my prelims on it, so it'll be transferred to better paper once I fix this more.

(NSFW for general nudity: http://postimg.org/image/6kflxqly5/ )

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

Looks pretty cool
    I love the coloring

I am so awful with pastels...