Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    Cool tune man, needs some double kick :p (recently been learning how to use one I'm mesmerised haha.)
    Nice demo though, where was it recorded and mixed?
    It was actually recorded in the studio by me, owned and run by the LostProphets drummer. He had all the awards on the wall, was kinda cool.

I rarely used a lot of double kicks, I used some in....

This song, terribly recorded live

It was rare for me to hammer them, don't know why. Just never found use for them I guess :I
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I used to play bass in my school bad but that was like 6 years ago.
    Nowdays (and before school bad) I do music on computers with tools I had created myself.
    Create instruments, enter notes, press play - enjoy lol.
    Most of my stuff is on Sega Mega Drive / Cenesis console, but some is also for Yamaha YMF719 sound card.
    I am practicing singing and eventually want to create some vocal tracks but I need better mic first.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    It was actually recorded in the studio by me, owned and run by the LostProphets drummer. He had all the awards on the wall, was kinda cool.

I rarely used a lot of double kicks, I used some in....

This song, terribly recorded live

It was rare for me to hammer them, don't know why. Just never found use for them I guess :I
    That's cool man, I hope that band can still find good work after all the shit.
    Cool tune, there is always use for hammering and wailing on everything

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    I used to sing but shyed away from it when I started working in Customer Service.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I used to sing but shyed away from it when I started working in Customer Service.
    Sing at the customers! Make them feel uncomfortable and shy.
    I got caught singing some 80s pop tune at work once by a customer, I looked them in the eye and carried on until they left my aisle. :')

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Namba
    People have told me I sound better live

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    Sing at the customers! Make them feel uncomfortable and shy.
    I got caught singing some 80s pop tune at work once by a customer, I looked them in the eye and carried on until they left my aisle. :')
    Sorry that this is kinna off topic, but you reminded me: my brother played this along with the rest of the album of that in the jeans retail shop he works at one day.

I play the recorder and a melodica occasionally, and plan to practice some keyboard if I can get an old one I had back.

But I really don't have that much interest in performing or playing actual instruments.
    My main interest lies on composing - which I can do digitally, the virtual instruments' sound don't bother me.
    I started studying music theory a couple months ago, slowly progressing.
    A keyboard is useful for testing songs and creating melodies/chords progressions, but that's about it.

RainWizard, since you're a drummer, would you know what kind of theory I can read about composing beats creatively? Nowadays I just copy and modify pre-existing ones and feel at loss when trying to make something original.

Music yes!

I play some drums, jazz kit (though it's been a while) mostly. The main part of my music is orchestral; where I usually play snare drum, timpani, or whatever fun auxiliary stuff I can master. Like tambourine. Dem finger rolls.

Lately though, my music's been comprised of vibraphone, vibraphone, and vibraphone. Cause Matrix.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    People have told me I sound better live
    Thats a given unless you have a killer recording set up or studio.