Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    JiJi

Music furs! What do you do?

What instruments do you play, what kind of music do you prefer to play?
    Are you in a band? Choir? Country trio?

I'm reviving an old post hardcoreband, and making some demos for a really old punk rock band
    I've played guitar for 12 years and been singing for 3.
    I play a little drums, bass and very little keys.
    I also play acoustic, and am writing an album which I'll produce at university soon.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've been a guitarist for about eight years now, and a tin whistler for about eight hours. Playing alone I prefer solo fingerstyle pieces, but with friends or my brother I love playing doom metal. Classic stuff, with grinding riffs you can either headbang or make a sex to c:

If you've ever seen lonlonjp on youtube, or listened to any Uncle Acid, you'll know what I do. Recently I find myself making jokey acoustic songs for some reason.

This year I'd like to improve my blues improvisation, because I love the blues (they tell my story :v). Learning more songs on the tin whistle is also a priority, mostly because it's so damned fun.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    Though I am not an active musician YET, I have background in singing. I love to do it and I believe I have a pretty good voice. I got most of my experience from choir back in high school, it helped a lot in developing my voice. I do miss it though I would like to maybe form a group sometime or something. Performing is something I definitely want to do again.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Guitar 'n' Drums

Quite proficient at drums, but still working hard on guitar
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Casually making instrumental HipHop for a friends record label when i can find the time. Also a vintage breaks and samples enthusiast.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I'm pretty good at the violin given how long I have been playing. I actually don't have a preferred music genre to play, but I know that I generally strongly dislike playing Baroque music. It's so irritating >:C Most baroque music isn't very pretty and the whole point of it is to play fast, not necessarily pretty. I much prefer romantic, classical, and 21st century music. I don't have much experience with modern music nor much 21st century stuff. I would really love to, though. I currently play in a stupid little school orchestra with a shitty-ass director who has infinite bias and no knowledge of strings technique. This will also be the second year I play in the district honors orchestra and I'm looking to try to join the district youth symphony next year, as well as collect some good and nice people to play in a small ensemble with.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    DJ in socal club/rave scene.
    Stand in guitar player for socal punk bands.

Does bouncer count?

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post

Does bouncer count?
    If you make it an art then yes!

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post

Does bouncer count?
    If you kick them out of the door to the beat of the music, yes. 4/4 chuck-outs are the way forward.
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    If you've ever seen lonlonjp on youtube, or listened to any Uncle Acid, you'll know what I do. Recently I find myself making jokey acoustic songs for some reason.
    I actually have lonlonjp somewhere in my playlists! That's pretty awesome, not to mention your guitarist experiences.

As for myself, I'm still just an amateur acoustic guitarist equipped with a Breedlove, with a little experience on the piano. I want to venture more into electric guitar someday, but I'm pretty satisfied with my progress within 2 years. Most people are shocked to find out I've only been playing for that little, but I simply say it's because I just practice every single day. Even if it's just a few minutes, even if I'm just playing around the frets while watching something, I make sure I know my instrument inside and out.

My original inspiration came from videogame music and such, but I find a lot of it doesn't really translate well onto the acoustic guitar (which is why I need to get up to speed with electrics), so I do a mix of covers of songs I like while also writing my own original stuff. This ranges anywhere from pop music, anime, to even country. Heck, I took a techno song once and turned it into an acoustic number!

I've never been in a band, but I really hope to someday even though I'm in my mid-20s. I think I could really up my playing level if I had other people to get in synch with, and to just jam in general. Most likely, my life will be spent refining my own personal skill. Nothing wrong with that, as each song tells a story, and I'll keep tellin' them 'til I can't use my hands anymore!