Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by qt melon View Post
    thank you for your comments. I didn't reference one particular photo, but several. What my study was about in this particular landscape was to understand how near compliments work.

Basically i was learning how things look greener by putting in its near compliement of a heavily saturated red. So i was using it next to a greyed yellow to appear more green, so i honestly hadn't given too much thought to the sky, only to cool it to see how much stronger was the intended effect.

I will keep note of your comments in future studies.
    ok !

I am so happy to see someone using painter, and posting videos etc. of their work. I've been using painter and am still figuring out what brushes and tools work for me. I am loving what you've done so far! Totally subscribing to this thread.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejoker View Post
    I am so happy to see someone using painter, and posting videos etc. of their work. I've been using painter and am still figuring out what brushes and tools work for me. I am loving what you've done so far! Totally subscribing to this thread.

Thank you.

I had done this video on how to create a somewhat similar brush that's like Photoshop. Works for Painter 12 and X3 (though I am going to go into videos on how to use some of the new brush controls).

I have some brushes I did for Painter 12 and X3 (mostly variants and I think I ported the brushes for X3)

http://qtmelon.studiokemono.net/pain...rushesall3.rar
    http://qtmelon.studiokemono.net/pain...mx3brushes.rar - 3 sets of brushes, but they may be some of the same from earlier sets. I just transfer them over. I like doing a lot of tweaks. I used to scan in certain textures to create brushes. So I will have to work on that again when I have time.

Weasyl
    Stush
    Your art is so wonderful, QT! Keep up the good work. You have such a good sense of form and light~

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Not so much a drawing but unlisted critique ...

Been trying to work better at more confident lines when I was told a lot of my sketches were hairy a while back.

The video was in relation to this for others interested: https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...rk-type-thingy!

Just a warning this was recorded on my laptop so I apologize for some audio issues that have occurred.

Weasyl
    zhuria
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Not so much a drawing but unlisted critique ...

Been trying to work better at more confident lines when I was told a lot of my sketches were hairy a while back.

The video was in relation to this for others interested: https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...rk-type-thingy!

Just a warning this was recorded on my laptop so I apologize for some audio issues that have occurred.
    Awesome!!! I watched the whole video, and loved the pectorals part, makes sense, but I guess I never thought of it that way ^^U
    Hope this helps them too.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    Awesome!!! I watched the whole video, and loved the pectorals part, makes sense, but I guess I never thought of it that way ^^U
    Hope this helps them too.
    ; o ; It most definitely did. Well. Sorta. It definitely helped but improvement is a long and tediously difficult process.
    orz And thank you again for all your help, QT! ; v ;

Omg that is so neat. Thank you for sharing!!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    ; o ; It most definitely did. Well. Sorta. It definitely helped but improvement is a long and tediously difficult process.
    orz And thank you again for all your help, QT! ; v ;
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejoker View Post
    Omg that is so neat. Thank you for sharing!!
    Thank you! I may do more video crits in the future. Time has been my enemy but it looks like they're finally trying to get me the help I've asked for for 4 months now. So hopefully it will give me time to doing more of what I love.

I also got a Note 3 so I have been trying to adjust to it so I can post more on the go doodles.