Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon

QT's Sketchbook of fail and NV?

Last edited by QT Melon; 01-27-2014 at 12:46 PM.

(First off: these forums have already been added? Wow. A+, guys! ; u ; )
    Secondly: that skull looks great, but I reckon it's above my skill-level which is why I can't really offer criticism as I'm not seeing flaws.

However, this post also works a bit as a mental note to keep an eye on this thread, so I'll be curious to see more of your sketches and WIPs!

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Digging that skull study. I think your choice of using a strong light source was a good one, as it makes the angular form and textures really pop.

Out of simple curiosity, what would you say is your second favorite/most-used illustration program outside of Painter?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    (First off: these forums have already been added? Wow. A+, guys! ; u ; )
    Secondly: that skull looks great, but I reckon it's above my skill-level which is why I can't really offer criticism as I'm not seeing flaws.

However, this post also works a bit as a mental note to keep an eye on this thread, so I'll be curious to see more of your sketches and WIPs!
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    Digging that skull study. I think your choice of using a strong light source was a good one, as it makes the angular form and textures really pop.

Out of simple curiosity, what would you say is your second favorite/most-used illustration program outside of Painter?
    I actually was a photoshop user for years, I think it was during college that I was introduced to Painter and later became hooked on it.

My second most used program now is Easy Paint Tool Sai, and I'm now warming up to Manga Studio 5. Prior to that I used to use Open Canvas quite a lot and still have event files from those days.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Oh my fucking Christ I thought that was a photo generic as that sounds...
    LOL. Thank you, I fooled quite a few people with that study but I feel I left in a lot of loose brush strokes too. I'm still trying to get the hang of making things a bit more loose. Ironically, I was on a jet plane in that picture.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-03-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Yeah, you really put that Corel Painter to work! I tried it again recently, but I still cannot get my head around it!

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I admire what you can do with a paintbrush. Err. Digital paintbrush. Well you're probably also good with real paints to. What I'm trying to say is that your paintings are pretty damn impressive.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Holy wow, just watching that entire thing take shape was amazing. I watched it and it still just seems like everything magically came into place.

Weasyl
    QTMelon