Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Letter to 'Neer

Weasyl
    Percy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    This all seems so sudden and yet always inevitable.
    I sure hope Weasyl does end up doing well for itself.

Someone hold me, please. ;~;
    I have high hopes for Weasyl's future. I'm just really liking it here right now.
    As for FAF... I honestly don't know what'll happen to it. Clearly the state of the forums is driving people away, but exactly what will happen in the long run, I don't know. I really wish it doesn't go down like this.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think this is more of a we thing than an it thing.

We in here are the community, after all. I mean we're not running the site, but I think we make up a sort of whole that has an important role.

One criticism I've heard a lot about Weasyl is about the mainsite community. There's a lot of artists there, great! Yet seemingly nobody interacts with people that aren't already friends with them from another site (or watchers/fans).

So I think what we as a community need to do is grease these wheels a little bit. It's not that we have to go all *pounce* ^u^ *fluff* on new visitors, but we have to see about being less clique-y on the forums. If we're being generally open, word will likely spread and more people will join the forum, thus more people will be interacting on the mainsite.

Though I don't know how relevant the criticism of the Wzl mainsite is right now.
    If I remember correctly, did not Weasyl brand itself as a general art site? It is just a furry friendly art site as well? I believe there is a middle ground to be had with members that should realize that one doesn't need to be mean to people who use furry slang/furbonics? But at the same time those that are furry should remember this is an open space and that some level of respect and courtesy for people unfamiliar with the fandom may be expected.

It honestly makes me feel terrible when other kinds of artists share their artwork and those heavily into furry chase them away. Just as I readily stand up to those making furry artwork for fun, should not be seen as deviants or people who actually want to have sex with animals.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    If I remember correctly, did not Weasyl brand itself as a general art site? It is just a furry friendly art site as well? I believe there is a middle ground to be had with members that should realize that one doesn't need to be mean to people who use furry slang/furbonics? But at the same time those that are furry should remember this is an open space and that some level of respect and courtesy for people unfamiliar with the fandom may be expected.

It honestly makes me feel terrible when other kinds of artists share their artwork and those heavily into furry chase them away. Just as I readily stand up to those making furry artwork for fun, should not be seen as deviants or people who actually want to have sex with animals.
    I actually like how Weasyl is sort of in between furry/human.
    I feel awkward posting my furry stuff on dA as it's mostly human, but at the same time I feel awkward posting my human stuff on FA because it's mostly furry.
    ((I actually think I may go back to using my human avatars as it always felt weird to use them on FA, honestly.))

I think that there's also the trouble of Weasyl not really being promoted on sites like deviantART as an alternate gallery, which may be something to look into. I remember with Nabyn that it was marketed on both sites and they did attract more anime-artists. The site unfortunately ended up sort of deserted due to the need of getting an invite before being able to register.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post

Yeah, damn, I almost completely forgot about that.

Yeah, Weasyl staff did brand itself as a general art site. But it seems to be a majority of furries around here. Hm. Damn.

Well I'm going to lay off my furballing stuff and just keep my war photos anyway. As much as I like furry art, I'd like to at least do a part to promote not-furry material. It'd be nice to be in an environment that doesn't soil its pants when it sees something that's not an animal.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Whaaat? Weasyl is a general art site?! I didn't know, but that makes sense. Now I don't need to feel awkward posting humans or anthros on DA or FA. xP

I always really liked how this website mascot is a mustelid. #NOBIAS
    We should all draw more weasels...

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Whaaat? Weasyl is a general art site?! I didn't know, but that makes sense. Now I don't need to feel awkward posting humans or anthros on DA or FA. xP

I guess I always went against the grain and posted whatever I felt like posting. Though it does feel a bit awkward to have a Master Copy of a John Singer Sargent painting sandwiched between a hot or not photo and jizzmonkey2000's character with his amazing macro friends in a burrito orgy?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I remember drawing the Weasyl mascot in the most ridiculous-looking ways possible.

Oh my god the admins once adopted my drawing as the official 404 page I was SO PROUD.

I wonder if they still have that...

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I remember drawing the Weasyl mascot in the most ridiculous-looking ways possible.

Oh my god the admins once adopted my drawing as the official 404 page I was SO PROUD.

I wonder if they still have that...
    Aahh! I want to see it. :[

I also want to try drawing the mascot some time, he's lovable looking fellow.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    It sure is great to learn that Weasly is in fact a general site that allows its content creators, the artists, writers and musicians, to freely upload both human and non-human art. At least, I can now go back to drawing fan art.

Ah fk it, I suck at trying to be all Shakespeare.

WOO GENERAL ART.

Weasyl
    Percy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    It sure is great to learn that Weasly is in fact a general site that allows its content creators, the artists, writers and musicians, to freely upload both human and non-human art. At least, I can now go back to drawing fan art.

Ah fk it, I suck at trying to be all Shakespeare.

WOO GENERAL ART.
    Yeah, I can post my art-class stuff there, it seems. Hooray for less restrictions!