Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Letter to 'Neer

Letter to 'Neer

I don't know if Neer is quite up to date with what's going on in the forums, with the banhammer being swung like in the opening scenes of LOTR, so I figured a note addressed to him would do no harm.
    He probably is though.

Chances are it won't do any good either, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't think I'm the only one who loves FAF. It is a great time sink if nothing else, and I hate seeing it go to this.
    There isn't much one man can do against the administration, not realistically, so better try to appeal to the higher up and try to get him do the change for us.
    If this fails, well, I hope you like the sight of my face here

So what I wanna do is write a letter to Neer and say what he has done by appointing Chase as the overlord of FAF is ruin the place by removing the regulars who make up the majority of the posts there, and has opened the doors to everything nasty with it, including a PR nightmare with Chase's history with red rockets.
    Not to mention the migration to the rival sites

The goal of this thread is to collectively put up a letter, that I will eventually forward to him.

Let's get to brainstorming.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I unfortunately feel there is no turning back. As it seems that any ideals of being cooperativeness has turned into competitiveness by removing certain staff. If FA wants to continue in the direction it is going, I feel it is their business. We as a community can continue to try to fight it, or move on and form new communities and appreciate ones like what Weasyl has to offer.

I really want to enjoy Weasyl for what it is and not worry about what FA and their forums want to be.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Aside from the suspicious allowance of illegal activity, one thing I really dislike is the new idea of purging the old members to make the place "open and friendly" to the FA mainsite.

You know that's going to be hell.

That shit is opening Pandora's box.

I honestly wouldn't bother. He's currently hovering over threads to keep the "peace" as well so ...
    It'll be a pointless exercise in trying to be polite, only to be laughed away with a "Piss off".

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Aside from the suspicious allowance of illegal activity, one thing I really dislike is the new idea of purging the old members to make the place "open and friendly" to the FA mainsite.

You know that's going to be hell.

That shit is opening Pandora's box.
    Imagine the new purged forum with nothing but a bunch of Latex Gryphon.

Oh god why.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    There's no sense appealing to Dragoneer. The only good thing about FAF is the people there. It's a community we've built on a foundation of dogshit. We like it for what's on top, not what's underneath.

Don't appeal to Dragoneer, appeal to the community to rebuild elsewhere (here).
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    I feel kinda out of the loop, 'cos I ain't been round long enough to know every face, but the noticable absence of regular posters can not be good. It's like kicking the regulars out of a football stadium for cheering loudly "/
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    I feel kinda out of the loop, 'cos I ain't been round long enough to know every face, but the noticable absence of regular posters can not be good. It's like kicking the regulars out of a football stadium for cheering loudly "/
    I would compare it more to kicking out the regulars because they don't like the team that's playing, because of the team members' questionable history.

As others have said, and from everything that I've read on my own time (because I like to go digging around for information because it's entertaining), I don't think they're going to care.
    It would be nice if they did, but I don't think they will, because if what I've read is true, this isn't entirely new behavior. I think it's just one of the bigger examples of that behavior, all at once.
    Before, it's been implemented in smaller doses, that are less noticeable.
    Last edited by Vae; 01-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    I think if regulars just move over here, it's basically a giant activity spike for this site, so it makes sense that people will head over here as opposed to the comparitively barren FAF 2.0. And people like registering for a community that happens to be active. So they're going to ignore the inactive site and go straight for the active one. I know that I went back to FAF simply cos of the relative inactivity on Weasyl.

So basically, FAF eating itself is probably the best thing to happen to WF.

The FA administration's incomptetence and various bits of dirt already turns people away from FA. All it needs to do is just grow louder and more people are going to move to Weasyl - a site that is much more deserving of the attention.

Unlike FA, Wzl isn't stuck in the early noughties feature-wise and it's administration is by far cleaner in comparison.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Just a note, please keep this thread civil. While we won't stop you from discussing FaF and FA on Weasyl, we do not want this forum to become a haven for misplaced rage and the go to for bashing whatever is occurring on FA at the time. You are free to criticize and critique, but bashing and insults will be cause for mod action and we will close this thread and those similar.
    We're giving you guys a chance to be mature, please don't make us regret it.

Now speaking as myself and not the rest of the staff, I do not know how much this letter will do. Neer and company have made it clear in the past that they do not like or value the current forum culture. Neer has made it clear he intends to change it to something more like what he wants. It's a pity to see people leave, but that's how these things go. It's not worth beating your head over, because when push comes to shove, Neer holds the keys and will do what he wants with the site. If you disagree that much then it may be better to venture forth and be part of a new community, building it up to something new and better.