Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Guys. Oh my gosh. Those Irish nachos. ._.
    Give me! I've got the whole week to myself starting tomorrow (mom & step dad are going away on vacation, YUS!), so these are the first on my to-do cook list.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_by_night View Post
    Oh my god those look delicious. Alright, I'm definitely going to have to make those soon. Nice job though! Those look just like the ones in the original picture.
    Thank you, they were! I brought out my nice camera since it deserved it, heh. If you need any help, lemme know! Was very excited to show you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Give me! I've got the whole week to myself starting tomorrow (mom & step dad are going away on vacation, YUS!), so these are the first on my to-do cook list.
    Yesss, you can do it Moogle! I'm glad you guys share my tastes, haha~

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #194

Weasyl
    Matt
    I don't know if I've passed this on before in this thread, but you all should seriously check out this dude's gallery.

Anyway, stuff continues to happen! Stuff also happened in the past so I have a backlog! Yes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rameneggs.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	36

I finally made the ramen eggs QT Melon mentioned way back here. They were tasty. As shown I put them in ramen, and that seemed appropriate. Good job, me.

Name:	soup.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	37

I also made a soup that my buddy Uini taught me which is basically as follows:
    Grill some chicken, shred it, set aside.
    Cook a few pieces of bacon, set aside.
    Cook up chopped celery, onion, and carrot in the bacon fat.
    When soft, pour in a 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes. Put some fresh ones in too if you wanna.
    Add 28 ounces of water.
    Toss in the chicken. Or wait until you serve. I don't care.
    Bring to boil.
    Simmer until you're bored.
    Season.
    Serve with bacon and parmesan. And chicken if you waited. I still don't care.

Name:	IMG_20140221_234623119_zpsmxrildca.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	35

And I made pot roast that I forgot the recipe to. I poured a mushroom gravy on top of it which made it look less delicious, but it tasted better so it evens out.

Those tomatoes ended up going into a marinara sauce that I forgot to take a picture of.

Food.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Anyone ever make over-night oats? They're so easy. I've been making them for breakfasts since I went vegan. I throw almond slivers, banana, and chia seeds in there. Danque.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    N/A
    ^ I may try that, gosh darn oats so good.

Thought I'd share how I make simple fried potatoes (sadly they aren't really finger food like others XD). Wash and cut the potatoes into squares (bite size about) and toss into a wok (leave the skin on!). Since I usually make a huge batch, I fill it right up to the top with potatoes & use half of a butter stick (not that brand, forgot what I use ). While that's cooking about medium heat, dice up 1 & a half (pref a big size) onions & 4 cloves of garlic. Rosemary tends to go really good with potatoes, but I only add that if I'm doing them in the oven. It'd probably still taste great even done in the wok though! :3 Next time I make them (& remember) I'll get some pics to add to this post.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    My favorite food is something that can be bought, not made, so that doesn't count..
    However, I do really like good ole' homemade tacos with some Western sour cream (really thick sour cream, you can scoop it like icecream), lime juice, avocado-jalapeno dressing, sriracha on top and some really thinly sliced lettuce shreds.

So today I tried out this 'tutorial' on making theater grade popcorn.

http://www.painlessfrugality.com/200...-on-the-cheap/

Not meaning to sound like a commercial for the Whirly Pop Popcorn Popper but it actually does a great job. It's really not much different than any other pot for stop top popcorn, but it stirs the popcorn and prevents burning which is great. The real secret DO seem to be the seasonings. Coconut oil as the fry medium and 'flavacol' seasoning salt, both of which are used in theaters, is what really seals the deal. The popper came with three 'kits' with everything I need for three batches of popcorn. I fired it up and WOW, theater tasting popcorn left my kitchen. I need to buy more materials now, it seems I can use 'whatever popcorn' and get great results. I thought I'd share since it's a great addition to movie time.

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    I've found another rad combo, some kind of ciabatta bake thingy. I dunno, see below...

Bake a ciabatta (I use the Menissez half-baked stuff since it's cheap and easy). When it's done, slice it in half, spread a little tomato paste and add some crushed/diced tomatoes... hopefully the paste will stop the tomato juices from soaking in, unless that's what you like. Add a little grated cheese, whichever kind you like. Sprinkle some fresh-ground black pepper onto it, and then you grill it until it's lightly toasted and melted.

Voilą~! That's pretty much it, but it's a damn awesome snack!