Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    wwretched
    i don't cook that often, college, but when i have the money and time i like to sautee some vegetables and ground beef and make nachos! i did this all the time when i was vegetarian, using soy beef of course. i also like to make pastas and other simple dishes. complex dishes might be good to eat, but too many ingredients and steps aggravate me, so if it takes less than a half an hour to make i'll probably go for it.

for example, i like to take tofu and marinate it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cut up some tomatoes and onions and cook it all together and throw it over a bed of spinach. hah i used to be vegetarian and i'd love to go back, but i don't really have the resources for it.
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #172

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Crock-pot is the idiotproof way of doing it, if you've got the time. Start them in the morning before you work, come home to amazing onions.
    Giving this a shot today. Hopefully I'll have some nice onions for some pre-bed soup.

Thanks for the help as always, dudes!
    Look at all the fun we're having.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #173

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #174

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    Food
    That looks excellent to me, dude.

I tried the caramelized onions in my tiny crockpot, and they were perfect. I have just enough space in there for one medium onion, so I can get the perfect portion for an easy bowl of French Onion soup any time I want as long as I can predict that time 6 hours in advance. But any time is a good time for French Onion soup, so it seems to work out well.

My problem is, though, that last time I made it, I made some toast as well because croutons are complicated. I ended up not eating the toast and I got tired and put it in the fridge. It's still there. Does anyone have any good recipes for cold toast? Thanks in advance.

Also, this weekend I'm going to try and make something actually interesting and then actually detail it, so I might actually get around to making that Pho.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

I am going to make onion pie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

My problem is, though, that last time I made it, I made some toast as well because croutons are complicated. I ended up not eating the toast and I got tired and put it in the fridge. It's still there. Does anyone have any good recipes for cold toast? Thanks in advance.
    id probably fry it up and make a grilled cheese, or toss it into tomato soup with cheese.
    yes, i like cheese
    Last edited by Sammacha; 02-20-2014 at 02:43 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That looks excellent to me, dude.

I tried the caramelized onions in my tiny crockpot, and they were perfect. I have just enough space in there for one medium onion, so I can get the perfect portion for an easy bowl of French Onion soup any time I want as long as I can predict that time 6 hours in advance. But any time is a good time for French Onion soup, so it seems to work out well.

Also, this weekend I'm going to try and make something actually interesting and then actually detail it, so I might actually get around to making that Pho.
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear the onions went well, and yeah, they're good for pretty much anything imo. As for the toast, if it's not moldy, I imagine it's all dried up... so you could crumble it up and bread your own chicken breast/tenders and fry/bake it? I don't have a recipe for you, but I could make some sort of guideline I suppose.

Also, found the coolest way to separate egg whites from the yolk today:

Weasyl
    Tiido
    That method is awesome ! Ingenious !

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #178

I'm known for having a sweet tooth, so I fried some doughnuts a couple weeks ago, and they seem to be a winner with the folks I've shared them with also.

This was actually my second attempt at this; the first time I had the oil way too hot and managed to destroy most of the holes (but luckily got it cooled back down before starting on the actual doughnuts). Even the ones pictured are darker than I'd have liked--I learned halfway through to take them out just before they actually look done, as they continue to darken a little more as they cool.

The recipe I started with does not call for any sort of glazing, but instead simply coating them in white sugar. So naturally, I did both.

Weasyl
    N/A

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Good ol' crockpots! So easy to use, and everything (a majority of the time) turns out delish. One chicken recipe I really enjoy is simple and tasty, but depending on your tastes, it may be on the sweet side.
    Moogle this looks simply delicious, I will try it sometime!

So earlier I bought a chicken breast to refine that Kona recipe of mine, but I forgot to buy white wine at the store. I got a little miffed so I ignored it, but just now (at 6am, yes) I scrounged around the kitchen and came up with something else entirely. I just did an ol' fashioned rub on the whole thing: Madras curry powder, a local sage-based pork rub, a dash of pepper, a dash of tamari, and after that I rubbed in some of my favorite Dusseldorf mustard with some local honey. Chopped up some scallions and tossed them in with some chicken stock, and... it smells amazing. I cannot wait to wake up to this after slow cooking all morning.