Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sarukai

I wanna talk about Cooking!

As the title states, I would like to talk about what Weasyl likes to cook, what their favourite dishes are (starters/mains/deserts/drinks etc.) as well as share a couple of recipes of that signature dish of yours.
    You can even post pictures if you like of all your delicious dishes. As long as they are good ones!
    Even if you want, ask a question about cooking and help someone who has one.

Tonight I made a lovely steak pie with some minute steak I had left in the fridge, rolled some pastry to goes with it and had it simmered all afternoon. Gone wonderful with some nice simple mashed potatoes and steam broccoli. Yum!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I made myself fettuccine Alfredo pasta with a little garlic and some sweet ass bread yesterday. It was grand.

Weasyl
    Percy
    I haven't cooked anything lately, but not terribly long ago I've learned how to cook steaks.
    And my goodness, food is definitely better when you cook it for yourself.

Weasyl
    Pine
    I grilled the greatest steak earlier today. I just rubbed a bit of salt and pepper and gave it sexy grill lines. It inspired me to make that steak thread on FAF.
    So juicy...

Weasyl
    Vae
    I'm going to mix some chili and salsa con queso in the microwave, in a bit, and then dip chips in it.

Easy enough for me, and it's so good.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    French toast sammich! Fry some French toast in butter and make a sandwich with some Canadian bacon slices, best five-minute meal ever

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I am very much a foodie and a fattie.

I often cook Asian dishes, American and Persian.

I used to cook Ghormeh Sabzi more often but it is time consuming due to the chopping of ingredients and remembering to let the fenugreek soak.

It is very similar to this http://www.food.com/recipe/ghormeh-s...en-stew-313055 recipe, but I have never heard of using potatoes.

Since we moved out into the wilds and I work from home, I've taken over the cooking.

I like buying chicken sauces and cooking everything together in one dish, vegetables with the meats so that it all comes out savory.
    I love making potato bakes and potato wedges...shit getting hungry just thinking about it.

So yeah, we like our meat and potatos...oh and off beat salads as well.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    Matt
    Yay for food threads.

I pretty much like anything involving a slow cooker, pulled pork tacos, pot roast, chili, mashed potatoes, etc. It's so easy to make something tasty, and all you need is patience. If you're like me and don't have that, bacon is good in the intervening time.

And going along with the rest of the thread, steak is always awesome too. I'm still trying to get pan-sauces right, but every once in a while it works out and it's heavenly.

I had just eaten before I read this thread and now I'm hungry again, so thanks for that. Great.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I love my poorman combo.

Instant noodle and a small bag of potato chip (original). Put the potato chip into noodle.

Another one is a poorman Gratang.

Potato chip + bag of cheese flavour O shaped snack thing + milk (no add-on flavor). Put them in a bowl, pour in the milk, put in microwave, take it out, mix and stir, microwave it a bit more, enjoy. If you have real cheese to add, all the better.