Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    I plan on working on a couple of specific Fractal styles I like very much. The past year I was all over the place in regards to styles and that left my rather unhappy.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    I know, right? Even as I'm writing some of this stuff, I'm realizing the scenes I'm describing consist mostly of things I've never drawn before. Nothing for it but to do it, I suppose. I figure if I write some short scripts, I won't get so fussy about everything being perfect (like I would on a pet project) and will just sit down and friggin' do it.

Good luck to you, too! We can do this. >:|
    Yeah, pretty much; I predict quite a lot of discarded paper and erasing in my future. I'm also going to try a storyboard before I dive in headfirst so I can get a feel for the pace of the dialogue and the layout. I'd recommend doing at least some panel thumbnails if you're having trouble at certain parts; it can get your mind in order for when you do the actual thing.

Yes, yes we can!

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Well, my only big project consists of many little projects; I want to makes tones of miniatures and jewelry bits to fill my Etsy shop with!

Weasyl
    Lavence
    Well, my only plans are to improve on anatomy and (digital) painting in general in the hopes that my art will become less ugly.

Weasyl
    meris
    I've got a Watercolor class coming up at the local art center, and I've signed up for the Baku Collective. I'll also be planning a wedding, so I'll probably be dead by May.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Getting my sci-fi comic/story project off the ground, hopefully. Still outlining a lot of the story, filling in gaps between the action, and trying to plug up any plot holes that I can find, and starting on the first few pages of actual storyline.

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Technically, my biggest project is going to last me until about April/May. I'm organizing my senior show so it's going to be a huge ordeal to make sure I have enough work, invitations/postcards, business cards, framing, etc.

Other than that, giant gay orgy picture.

Weasyl
    zhuria
    I'm planning to learn to draw human faces (emphasizing on expressions), improving my anthro expressions and drawing landscapes. I would like to draw a comic too, but for that I need to write it and I'm not good at writing...
    We'll see... For now my main concern is humans ^^

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuria View Post
    I'm planning to learn to draw human faces (emphasizing on expressions), improving my anthro expressions and drawing landscapes. I would like to draw a comic too, but for that I need to write it and I'm not good at writing...
    We'll see... For now my main concern is humans ^^
    I can say for a fact that branching out in your subject matter and practicing human expressions will be tough, but very rewarding; even if in the long run you end up sticking to mostly animalistic or monstrous characters, having a grasp of human facial expression will inherently improve your characterization. I myself have found that when I get commissioned to draw anthropomorphic characters, I've found its gotten much easier to portray mood since I started doing expression studies a few years ago. Broadening your study will only refine your skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanagrooboy
    Getting my sci-fi comic/story project off the ground, hopefully. Still outlining a lot of the story, filling in gaps between the action, and trying to plug up any plot holes that I can find, and starting on the first few pages of actual storyline.
    Good luck to you! I know it can be damn hard, especially with the dreaded writer's block, but I've seen some great stories come to fruition a couple years later (or less) with lots of dedication. I think for me the plot holes are always the hardest to tie up...