Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recent Downtime

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Taw

Recent Downtime

Over the last 24 hours, Weasyl has been subject to a few DDoS attacks on the site. Our dev team has been working hard to combat these attacks and mitigate them as quickly as possible. Rest assured, these are legitimate attacks and not because we can't handle the surge of traffic!

When the site goes offline in these kinds of situations, you can check the Site Status page, or check our Twitter accounts @Weasyl and @WeasylDev for updates. Additionally, our forums may provide some more information.

We are also currently taking steps to protect against these sorts of attacks in the future. Some people may experience some trouble connecting to the site due to DNS caching - if you are having issues please try flushing your DNS cache or restarting your computer.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the hard work.

Permission to link this on tumblr, or have you guys already made a post there which can be reblogged to signalboost?
    Also, what Tiamat said: the hard work and updates are appreciated. c:

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Permission to link this on tumblr, or have you guys already made a post there which can be reblogged to signalboost?
    Also, what Tiamat said: the hard work and updates are appreciated. c:
    You can link to it on tumblr - it'll be posted on there shortly. I haven't gotten around to setting my tumblr back up for Weasyl since I temporarily stepped down in September so I gotta find someone who can do it. My bad on that! (Figured I'd never need to do a news post, guess I was wrong!)

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    We are also currently taking steps to protect against these sorts of attacks in the future. Some people may experience some trouble connecting to the site due to DNS caching - if you are having issues please try flushing your DNS cache or restarting your computer.
    For anyone who doesn't know how to Flush A DNS
    You're welcome.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    You guys rock. Thanks for all your hard work. :3

Weasyl
    yokare
    the site still isn't working for me. i flushed my dns cache several times and restarted my computer as well, but no luck.

i waited for a bit since i figured it'd just take some time but it's an hour and a half since the site was reported to be back up and it still isn't connecting, it just times out eventually.

sorry to be a bother, but i'm not sure if this is something to do with me or the servers.

Seeing as everyone else can get connected, I'd guess the problem is at your end. Have you tried power cycling your router and any devices you use online?

Weasyl
    yokare
    aaa you're probably right, my internet does some weird things sometimes.

and i would try that, but since 4 other people in this house are using the internet right now, i can't. but i'll try it later and see if it fixes the problem. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yokare View Post
    aaa you're probably right, my internet does some weird things sometimes.

and i would try that, but since 4 other people in this house are using the internet right now, i can't. but i'll try it later and see if it fixes the problem. thanks!
    Okay, give us a shout if you're still stuck later.