Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Term

Better "Markdown" Your Calendars, Markdown Is Coming!

Alignment formatting has been fixed! If there are any other issues with the conversion to Markdown please let us know!

Hey everyone!

A quick update for you here. Tomorrow, January 1, 2014, we will officially be switching over from BBcode to Markdown for all formatting syntax. All current text that has been formatted using BBcode will already be translated over to Markdown. If anything has not been translated, please let us know.

"But what exactly is Markdown", some of you may be asking? Well if you're familiar with Reddit or GitHub, you may already be familiar with the formatting language. In essence, it's much more clean than the BBcode format and doesn't break up your text as much.

For instance, if you wished to type something in bold font, you used to have to write <code>text</code>. With Markdown, you need only write <code>**text**</code> in order to bold. Simple right?

A complete guide has been added under our Help Topics on the main site. We highly recommend bookmarking that page as a quick reference guide for all your Markdown formatting needs.

That's all for now folks. Enjoy your New Years Eve and see you in 2014!
    Last edited by Term; 01-04-2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: fixing the link

Weasyl
    N/A
    This change confuses and terrifies me.

But cheers for the guide!

Weasyl
    Amber-Aria
    Admittedly, I'm pretty excited about this, even if the initial change will be a bit confusing. I've started using Trello more frequently in the last few months, which utilizes Markdown, and while the learning curve was a bit steep, I do find it much easier to format using it now. Especially for creating headers and emphasis. But that's just me. x3

Weasyl
    JiJi
    The links are helpful, I'll most likely make a few mistakes but it seems pretty interesting, especially mentioning other users!

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Hello everyone!

In regard to our last announcement, the conversion of existing data from BBCode to Markdown, as well as the update to Markdown support, has been postponed as the developer coordinating this feature has been unavailable today. We expect the conversion and update to go live on or before January 4th, and will make another announcement when we have a more definite release date.

BBCode gets to stick around a little longer, but for those of you who have already tried to use it, things already posted in Markdown will magically work, without any effort on your part, once the update goes live. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Hello. My submission Bloatins seems to have not translated well from the BBCODE to Markcode conversion. May you help me in getting this rectified?

Edit: It has been fixed! I don't know if this was your doing, but if so, thank you for the quick response.
    Last edited by VDTT; 01-02-2014 at 07:56 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by VDTT View Post
    Hello. My submission Bloatins seems to have not translated well from the BBCODE to Markcode conversion. May you help me in getting this rectified?
    submissions are still getting converted and are going quite slowly. I don't have an ETA, sorry.

I think Markdown must not like me very much, because for the life of me I can't seem to get paragraphs to work in my journal. :'D

Weasyl
    Sutekh_the_Steak
    This markdown stuff looks a bit confusing to me, but I'll get used to it in time.

Mhh, I guess that we need a bit of patience for the code to work fully, I had some user icons on my profile that didn't sho up, but now they work like the old BBcode. The only functions that seem missing are probabbly the paragrph formatting (line breaks and line mannaging in general), not a biggie since you can replace with the <br /> code in html to get it working.

Other than that, seems pretty straight forward, even if it's the first time you use it (like me)