Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Re-inroduction thread is a go!

Seeing as I made this account a while ago, I figured the politest thing to do would be to make a new intro-thread. c:
    So, here it goes!

The name is Astrid, though my screennames are almost always Hardrockangel / Ansitru.
    I'm from Belgium, land of the fantastic chocolate and rain and I consider myself to be an artist. I dabble in digital art, pixel art and I've recently picked up a watercolour-set, so I'm going to give that a go as well. Sometimes I do crafts as well, mostly cross-stitching or needlework, so I guess you could say that at the moment I'm a bit of a Jack of all trades, but master of none.

Other than that, I'm studying Applied Linguistics, English-Spanish and I am a coffee-addict (which is necessary to get me through early days and long classes). I am also fluent in sarcasm.

I guess that about sums me up, so ... Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post

I am a coffee-addict (which is necessary to get me through early days and long classes). I am also fluent in sarcasm.

I guess that about sums me up, so ... Hi!
    No wonder we've gotten along so well in the past :V
    Glad to have you here on our refugee center.
    You're a great addition to our band of rebels :V

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    No wonder we've gotten along so well in the past :V
    Glad to have you here on our refugee center.
    You're a great addition to our band of rebels :V
    I'm also a tea-addict, but for some reason it only calms me. :c
    And VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN! :v

Watercolor paints were made in Hell.

OH HAI!

I'm also a tea-addict, but for some reason it only calms me. :c
    And VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN! :v
    Tea is great. Best served from a huge mug since it is something I could drink continuously. Unlike coffee. Drink too much of that and my bowels go to overdrive.
    Earl Grey master-race reporting in.
    I've gotten into Chai as well, but it does not trump EG.
    I had some raspberry/vanilla tea some time ago. It was very good. Very fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    Watercolor paints were made in Hell.

OH HAI!
    Welll ... I like the effects they can produce, but it's a shame I can't really properly produce those effects yet. I always end up getting impatient, tus getting the paper soggy instead of letting the different washes dry before adding more colour. Whoops. It's good that it's pretty flexible, though. You can take off colour when it's still wet, so it kinda has a bit of an undo-button like digital art has.

AND HI! :D

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Tea is great. Best served from a huge mug since it is something I could drink continuously. Unlike coffee. Drink too much of that and my bowels go to overdrive.
    Earl Grey master-race reporting in.
    I've gotten into Chai as well, but it does not trump EG.
    I had some raspberry/vanilla tea some time ago. It was very good. Very fresh.
    Tea is indeed great. I have this mug that fits the entire contents of a teapot. I love it. c:
    I think my favourite would have to be a Chai or a breakfast blend. The breakfast blend with some milk & sugar gets a bit of a caramel-flavour which is lovely.

I paint in oils traditionally. I find them quite forgiving as well.

I really admire good watercolors, its damn hard work and the practical application is reversed as apposed to oils methods. My first big traditional painting sale was done in watercolors!

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    I paint in oils traditionally. I find them quite forgiving as well.

I really admire good watercolors, its damn hard work and the practical application is reversed as apposed to oils methods. My first big traditional painting sale was done in watercolors!
    Oh! Oils are a medium I can't work with, to be honest. I have tried, but everything just keeps coming out ... off.
    It's why I'm first pushing to get the basics on painting down digitally (no line-art, but shapes & refining) before I start practising with non-reusable materials.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Welcome to a new start! Enjoy your stay.
    Tea is indeed great. I have this mug that fits the entire contents of a teapot. I love it. c:
    I think my favourite would have to be a Chai or a breakfast blend. The breakfast blend with some milk & sugar gets a bit of a caramel-flavour which is lovely.
    All of this talk of tea makes me crave it. I usually just stuck with a raw black tea, but I have to try out these other blends when I get the chance.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I spy a truffle! :3

Hello and welcome, lovely person I have done both of those things to before. And if we're talking teas, I find it hard to beat the humble Assam. SO adventurous.